29 days ago
Morson International have an active requirement for an experienced Network Engineer to work on an initial 6 month contract on client site in Gloucestershire.
As a member of the network engineering team you'll be working in a team that has full responsibility for the design and implementation of networks ranging in size from small bespoke solutions to large enterprise scale deployments. While the role is predominantly focused on the design and implementation networks solution, there will also be an opportunity to deploy in-depth diagnostic skills in the resolution of complex third line support issues.
***Due to the nature of this role, successful candidates are required to hold a valid DV clearance prior to starting. Candidates who do not hold current DV clearance must be willing and eligible to undergo clearance***
- Creating high and low level network designs for complex IP or IP/MPLS networks.
- Hands on implementing these solutions, using different vendors products such as Cisco and Juniper.
- Working directly with our customers to understand their requirements and using this to inform your solutions.
- Providing some third line support to deployed solutions
- Experience in designing, building and providing third-line support for complex IP or IP/MPLS networks, that are secure, scalable, resilient and give high performance.
- Experience in the creation of both high level and low level design.
- Knowledge of network design for security, including firewall, IDS and IPS experience.
- Experience configuring secure protocols such as IPsec, SSH and SNMPv3.
- Experience with and knowledge of enterprise- and operator-scale routing design using protocols such as OSPF, IS-IS, BGP, LDP or RSVP and technologies such as MPLS VPNs and QoS.
- LAN switching design expertise in small- and medium-scale data centre and enterprise environments, including RSTP/MSTP, LAG, MC-LAG or SPB and first-hop resilience and security protocols.
- Understanding of SDN concepts and experience in implementing SDN based solutions.
- Hands on experience with specific vendors' equipment, including Cisco (IOS, ASA) and Juniper. Preferably with evidence of qualifications and certifications (for example Cisco CCNA or CCNP certifications).
- Understanding of Mobile Device Management (MDM) concepts and hands on experience with MDM products.
For further information on the company and the role, please apply now by sending an up to date copy of your CV and contact
The IT Division of Morson International has an excellent track record in the supply of IT skills across the full IT lifecycle. We have consistently supplied quality IT recruitment solutions whilst developing mutually beneficial, long term client relationships