Up to £50.00 per hour
14 days ago
Job Title: Network Engineer
Location: Christchurch, Dorset
Duration: 6 Months
Rate: £50.00 per hour (37 hour week)
Network Designer/Integrators work as part of the Networks team and are responsible for the design and implementation of the core Physical and Virtual networking components which form the backbone of the NSoIT(D) Platform; as directed by the Networks lead, reporting upwards to the Solution Design Lead.
- Become familiar with the NSoIT(D) core infrastructure design by reviewing existing Intermediate, High, Low and Detailed Level Design documents for the Network within the platform.
- Operate in a "fail fast, fail early" mindset when developing and testing technical solutions to complex problems with limited requirements.
- Produce quality Intermediate, High, Low and Detailed Level Design documents for all of NSoIT(D)'s core components as directed.
- Ensure that all develop solutions conform to good industry practice for design and deployment.
- Collaborate effectively with other members of the Network team; sharing knowledge and peer reviewing others work prior to formal review by the Solution Design Lead.
- Use the Atlassian toolset (JIRA, Confluence and Bamboo) to record, document and test your work.
- A proven track record for delivering on large-scale IT projects, in which you were responsible for designing and implementing networking solutions including active-active failover.
- Rationalising network designs & their alignment against architecture best practice.
- Working with Enterprise Systems, Platforms and Networks within a datacentre environment.
- Networking certification, CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate) or similar
Experience within key disciplines such as design, de-risking and development experience of the following technology domains:
- Hierarchical IP Subnetting.
- In-depth understanding of routing protocols, internal and external, OSPF, and BGP.
- Advanced knowledge of routers, switches and firewalls.
- Detailed knowledge of core network technologies and infrastructure:
- Cisco Nexus;
- Cisco IOS XE;
- Leaf and Spine network architecture;
- VXLAN Overlay networks;
- Dual Cloud Dual Hub DMVPN Solutions;
- Layer 3 Multicast / PIM;
- Firewall IPS/IDS;
- AAA Management Platform e.g. ISE;
- TRL Crypto
- Configuration of devices and management of keymat
- Detailed understanding of all aspects of QOS (Traffic Shaping / Policing / Scheduling / Congestion Management and Avoidance).
Any of the following professional certifications that have been obtained within the last five years:
- Networking certification, CCNP (Cisco Certified Network Professional) or similar.
- Virtualisation certification, VMware VCP-NV (VMware vCenter Certified Professional - Network Virtualisation)
- Strong Stakeholder Management experience (internal and external).
Other Beneficial Skills:
- Experience with NATO gateways;
- Experience with UK Public Sector deployed networks and services;
- Experience in developing secure architecture within a multi-tenanted environment;
- Networking certification, CCIE (Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert).
- Working as part of an Agile development team