Up to £47.00 per hour
6 months ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Network Engineer to join our expanding team to work on our future projects developing and delivering technologies within the fast-paced and ever-evolving defence industry.
Whether you are relatively new in your career or already have relevant industry experience this role will provide you with the scope to develop and enhance your skills and knowledge, with potential to become a leader in a global business.
We offer excellent career growth, including exciting local, UK and worldwide opportunities to those with the drive, aptitude and ingenuity to succeed.
We are committed to making the workplace agile and flexible to meet the diverse needs of our customers. As a forward looking business we invest in our people, ideas and designs that allow us to develop new products and services for this ever evolving digital age. Our projects are cutting-edge, deliver truly differentiating solutions and continue to lead the industry.
Your main responsibilities will involve:
As part of the engineering team you will work closely with other team members, and support the team and/or project leadership in daily activities including:
* Collaborate with network architects to help design and build functional networks based on business-specific needs
* Integrating hardware and software with customer systems/service
* Provide support to system level investigations
* Escalate risks and opportunities that may have a direct / indirect effect on the technical delivery of the system lifecycle or product
* Troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving network and system problems.
* Ensuring compliance with systems engineering practices
* Reporting on progress and providing feedback to team members and leadership
* Planning and Estimating development activities
* Supporting the improvement of the team competencies and skills
* Identifying technical risk and escalating
* Working with customers to support delivered systems and resolve issues
What were looking for in you:
* LAN and WAN technologies
* Network Security (IPSEC, VPN, Firewall etc.)
* Software Defined Wide Area Network (SDWAN)
* Software Defined Networking (SDN)
* Routing protocols (OSPF, EIGRP, BGP etc.)
* System integration
* Configuration management
* Virtual Route Forwarding (VRF)
* IPv6 Protocols
* Network Encryption
* Integration with RF, HCLOS, SATCOM
* Engineering Lifecycle
* Verification and validation, including acceptance activities
* Communications and Security Architectures
* Physical and Electrical Safety, Security and Environmental compliance
* MOD and industry standard acceptance processes