Up to £48.00 per hour
5 months ago
Description of the job
To undertake design, test and implementation of satellite communications (satcom) terminal solutions in support of Military satcom requirements. Reporting to the Remote Terminals Engineering Manager, the Communications Engineer will be required to assess and analyse Customer requirements, define the satcom terminal solution, oversee the terminal build and undertake the test campaign to ensure the terminal requirements are achieved.
RF and satellite communications system design experience with a proven experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Communications system design and implementation.
- Engineering baseline management to include Bill of Material management and controlled engineering change processes.
- RF system integration and implementation.
- Use of Modems in Satcom Systems including knowledge of modem modes in stress environments.
- System Integration of Management Systems for Communications Networks.
Job Requirements-Skills - Essential
Communications system design and implementation.
- Implementation of COTS equipment in satcom terminal design including modem solutions.
- Environmental qualification of COTS equipment for use in military systems.
Job Requirements-Skills - Desirable
- IP knowledge and familiar with CISCO equipment.
- Interfacing of Satcom Modems to Baseband IP networks including network synchronisation.
- Use and specification of Fibre Optic systems.
- Interfacing Modems with Element Manager and Terminal Management Applications.
- Knowledge of modulation techniques.
- Integration of Secure modems using Hopping techniques in Stressed environments.
- Fault finding for Commercial and Bespoke modems in a System environment.