Up to £50.00 per annum
10 days ago
Defence Information requires Network Engineers to support various MOD projects at Christchurch. The role will involve the production of technical artefacts and the implementation of the core Physical and Virtual networking components which form the backbone of platforms.
- Building and configuring technical solutions of networked hardware and software.
- Integration of COTS hardware and software.
- Adherence to systems engineering practices.
- Fault finding and resolution of issues in a production environment to a successful conclusion.
- Producing clear and concise technical documentation.
- Collaboration with other members of the agile team; sharing knowledge and peer reviewing others work.
- Reporting on progress and providing feedback to team members and leadership.
- Occasional visits to customer sites to support deployment.
- Essential Skills:
- Installation and configuration of Layer 2 switched networks and Layer 3 routed networks.
- Functional domain knowledge of routing protocols e.g. MPLS, OSPF, EIGRP, and RIP.
- Configuration and support of VRF, L2TP, GRE, and VSS technologies.
- Experience of Virtual Private Networking including IP Security and the provisioning of Public Key Infrastructure Certification Authorities.
- Experience of network management protocols e.g. SNMP, SSH, SysLog, ICMP.
- Technical documentation production.
- Atlassian toolset
- Working in an Agile development environment.