South Yorkshire, England
£350.00 - £400.00 per day
9 days ago
Network Design Engineer, Network Architect, Network Solutions, Cisco, Juniper, Configurations, Security Clearance, SC Clearance
Network Design Engineer required for our client based in the Doncaster, South Yorkshire area for an initial 3 month contract.
**Due to the secure nature of our client's project, the successful candidate must either hold valid SC Clearance or be willing to undergo prior to the commencement of the project. **
Reporting to the Technical Design Authority, you will be responsible for the technical architecture for all smaller work packages in the allocated area of secure networks, this includes design knowledge of IP based networking architectures and knowledge of end to end service delivery and NOC delivery of ITIL.
This is a position that requires experience in designing complex low to medium value technical solutions. Skills/experience include:
- Experience working as a Network specialist with 2 years' experience as TSA/TSE creating network designs and solutions for the following technologies: Cisco/Juniper Routing, Switching & Firewalls, specifically the following products: Cisco 2960X, 3850, ISR 4000, ASR 1000, ASA, Firepower 2100/4100 Juniper SRX range specifically 300 and 1500, also activities required in order to install and interface them into existing networks.
- Experience of working with Palo Alto firewall, Cisco Ironport and Big IP F5 LTM would be beneficial.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of networking protocols including TCP/IP and Ethernet protocols.
- Stability to liaise and debate across technology boundaries.
- Knowledge of architectural frameworks
- Technical management of subcontract suppliers and vendors
- Sound engineering management skills e.g. planning, estimating, risk management
- Experience of working with cloud hosted services e.g. Azure or AWS would be beneficial.
- Desirable Qualifications:- Cisco CCNP, Juniper JNCIA
To find out more information, please apply for the position with an updated version of your CV.