£550.00 - £600.00 per day
17 days ago
Based at either Oakhanger or Portsmouth, and responsible for 4th Line Support to a leading project's Core System and the provision of support to project delivery and installation of services across all UK sites and at customer sites (as applicable). This role concentrates around the provision of new services being delivered. We seek an accomplished engineering manager who will take a leadership role in day to day Assurance activities. Prepared to drive to successful conclusion of projects and problem solve as well as being the identifier of technical issues encountered during testing and work together with consultation with other groups including the SDA teams.
- Delivering a leading project's Core changes and project including all subsystems within the RF, baseband and crypto, enabling project Assurance to ensure quality of service as well as meeting timelines and revenue.
- Manage Assurance Campaigns producing high integrity documentation, and ensuring where applicable the service conforms to the CISD Schedule A.
- Produce and manage schedules and resource to support test campaigns and lead in the delivery of process documentation and meetings for activities such as TRR/TRB's.
- Test Specifications and Reports will be produced by engineers, the Assurance Manager will review and approve all test documentation for projects/activities under their control.
AT THE COAL FACE / TASKS / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review of Requirements and ensure a VCRI is produced to map testing to requirements.
- Identify and manage resource required to complete test campaigns.
- Produce and manage teste schedules to complete test campaigns.
- Ensure test campaigns are managed to meet project timelines and revenue.
- Where applicable ensure testing is completed satisfactory to the requirements detailed in the CISD Schedule A.
- Represent the company at meetings where required.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS WHAT YOU NEED
- Seasoned in with demonstratable knowledge of ATM, TCP/IP as well as synchronous and asynchronous communications protocols.
- Knowledge of satellite communications systems.
- Knowledge and use of DCAP, mini catapan, Ectocrypt etc.
- Knowledge of X21, RS530 and serial communication protocols.
- Good report writing and general communication skills
- Must be analytical and able to diagnose and recommend problem resolution
- CCNA quals preferable
- Worked within Defence or Telecom's domains.
- Satcomms and Network installation versed.