Up to £53.00 per hour
7 months ago
Job Description - Network Architect
The Network Architect role is responsible for the design, documentation, test and delivery of the Business Information Systems (BIS) network required to deliver SSSL's "collaborative solution". The collaborative solution must span all of the activities of its Executive Management Team (internal process) and its 3 JV partners and OEMs (external process) and integrate the information systems (Hardware and Technical Solution) that have been defined by the Information Systems Architect and the security requirements defined by the SSSL cyber security lead (via the Risk Management Accreditation Document Set (RMADS)).
The SSSL security requirements have been mandated, and the system will be accredited by CESG for the UK and the JPO for the US government with RMAD requirements satisfied with protections put in place SSSL's internal and external networks. The SSSL network will be protected and controlled through a Demilitirized Zone (DMZ).
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
* Must have a proven track record in the design and implementation of IS networks, cyber security, RMADS and DMZs
* Must be capable of underaking the technical implemention, including the configuration of security firewalls i.e. Cisco
* Will have extensive knowledge of providing secure solutions compliant with DOD and MOD standards or equivalent.
* Experience of Design, Development, Support and Provisioning of Routers and Firewalls.
* Exposure to BGP & other Routing Protocols.
* Thorough knowledge of WAN Design Principles and Best Practices.
* Design / Build & Support experience of Customer MPLS or IPLC Solutions.
* Design / Build & Support experience of Customer Security Solutions.
* Desirable for the role would be aptitudes in Cyber Security
* Experience in project management.
* This post shall deliver a network design and test plan for SSSL's "collaborative solution". This "SSSL Network Design and Test Description & Plan" shall be continuously updated throughout the period of performance and agreed for final delivery no later than May 2020.
* A delivery plan for the SSSL network, as required by the SSSL Project Manager and IS Team leader. This shall be updated for each SSSL Programme Management Review and as directed by IS LOD lead.