3 months ago
Job Title: Network and Security Engineer
Duration: 6 Months
Function : Information Technology
Company requires a Network Security Engineer within its Security and Network Operations team to support a surge of activity estimated for 6 months. The role is responsible for planning, designing and implementing changes and upgrades across network and security estate as well as performing troubleshooting within the current environment. Reporting to the vSNOC manager you will work with internal Network, Security and Data centre teams to ensure network and security services are configured and tuned to operate as expected.
* Planning and executing changes across our TCP/IP network, ensuring seemless integration with existing IT and partner services and connections.
* Deployment, Maintenance and configuration of Network Security systems such as firewalls, IDS, Proxy Server technologies (Cisco, Checkpoint & Juniper) as well as experience of PKI and NAC solutions.
* Configuration, management and troubleshooting of routers and switches, specifically in the areas of BGP, MPLS and VPN with experience of PKI.
* Set up and use of network monitoring tools for diagnostics and debugging complex networks as well as deployment of Pcap to support incidents over VoIP, Wireless and wired networks
* Performing any and all activities associated with the network infrastructure and telecommunications services Including secure configuration and device hardening.
* Performing routine updates and preventative maintenance to maintain operational integrity of core Infrastructure across Network and SOC domains.
* You will be considered to be an SME on vendor platforms across Cisco, Juniper, Checkpoint.
* Experience of supporting Security Operations Centres, SOC engineers, ability to deploy, configure and maintain IDS (Security Onion) and SIEM (QRadar) systems is an advantage.
* Direct experience in building scalable and highly available distributed networks.
* Experience of configuring and troubleshooting core network protocols such as MPLS and VPN and you should have worked with load balancers and proxy servers in an enterprise environment.
* Strong familiarity with network monitoring and management tools.
* Knowledge and solid understanding of industry best practices.
* Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence technical experts in other technical competencies
* SC cleared
* You will be flexible in your approach to working hours as some high impact changes may need to occur outside of the normal working day.
* Prior experience of defence or highly regulated technical industry such as MoD or HMG
* Certified in Network or Security fields such as CCNP, CISSP, CEH, Brocade Fibre Channel switching