Crawley, West Sussex
Up to £51.00 per hour
20 days ago
Network & IT Support Engineer required to work in an Avionics Division of a blue chip systems integrator and solutions business. Delivering and supporting the Network and IT infrastructure for Business Managed Networks (BMN) & Military Training Services (MTS) Centres.
AT THE COAL FACE TASKS / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Deliver and support the Network and IT infrastructure for the Business Managed Networks & Military Training Services.
- Support and maintain existing BMN & MTS environments and tools in conjunction with the AVS Engineering Environments (E2) Team, Training & Simulation (T&S) Business Line.
- Primary point of contact for all Training Services support queries on the Network and IT infrastructure.
- Maintain Data and Network Security.
- Backups system design and maintenance.
- Training Services Network and IT infrastructure upgrades.
- Ability to Support VMware vSphere & Microsoft Hyper-V environments, plus classic physical infrastructure.
- Ability to design and implement network and IT infrastructure to customer and security requirements
- Ability to support MS Exchange Server
- Ability to select server and network hardware (switches, firewalls etc.) to meet requirements
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / PROVEN ABILITY
- Installation of network hardware - Cisco & Juniper.
- Installation of VMware VSphere 5.5 & newer.
- Installation of Server 2012\16 R2 & Windows 7/10.
- Migration experience Server 2003\2008\2012R2\2016.
- Migration experience Exchange 2003\2010\2013.
- Backup & restore solutions - Symantec / Unitrends or VEEM.
- MSSQL server knowledge or Oracle DB.
- IT hardware support (Dell, HP or Intel).
- IT software support.
- Desktop\Server support (MS windows environments).
- Network Design
- NAS or SAN experience (Windows storage server or NetApp)
- Managing customer projects for Network and IT installations
- Test rig deployments
- Customer Product Training
- Juniper JUNOS platform
- Any Scripting or Infrastructure as Code (IoC) knowledfge
- ADDITIONAL SECURITY INFORMATION: WE SEEK AN IT NETWORK / SUPPORT ENGINEER WHO HAS WORKED IN A MILITARY / DEFENCE ENVIRONMENT / INDUSTRY WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS OR WHO IS CAPABLE OF OBTAINING SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC LEVEL MINIMUM)