Our client is a major global player in the Nuclear industry. Operating on a UK Nuclear licensed site specialising in safe, cost effective and reliable uranium enrichment services based in Capenhurst, Chester.
Our refreshed sustainability strategy includes a commitment to achieve net zero carbon in advance of 2040, being a proud signatory of the Climate Pledge. We are seeking a knowledgeable and committed individual to lead net zero delivery at a site level.
The role holder will co-ordinate and lead net zero progress on site, liaising with workstream leads to understand the requirements for the site, progress to target and how the site is contributing to Group targets.
Key responsibilities include:
- Cascade the requirements of the net zero roadmap and workstream action plans to site level, ensuring that site plans are in line with Group targets
- Develop a site action plan
- Report on metrics to Net Zero Programme Manager and specific workstream leads
- Work collaboratively to ensure net zero is appropriately funded and investments receive budget allocation, in partnership with workstream leads and Finance teams
- Manage the site sustainability dashboard, in collaboration with sustainability data champions, producing regular reporting tailored to specific stakeholder group needs.
- Communicate site contribution to net zero, acting as the main point of contact on site for any carbon or energy queries
- Engage with senior stakeholders to receive endorsement for investments, actions and resources required to achieve net zero.
- Delivering carbon or energy management programmes.
- Energy management systems.
- Experience in technical industrial, chemical, manufacturing or energy sector preferred.
- Making the business case for sustainability investments.
- University degree, ideally in engineering or environmental related subject is desirable.
- IEMA qualification desirable.
- Remuneration; The salary range for this role is dependent on experience. Annual pay reviews are conducted
- Healthy Work-life Balance; The Company encourages all employees to effectively balance their work with their outside life. We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer a generous annual leave entitlement. The annual leave allowance is 25 days which Increases by a one day every two years of service up to 30 days. And in addition you will be entitled to 13 ADO’s (Additional Days Off). My client also offers a full suite of family friendly policies that you would expect from a progressive employer
- Bonus; The Company operates a generous bonus scheme
- Pension Scheme; As an employee, you will be eligible to join the Company’s Defined Contribution Pension scheme, with up to 16% employers contribution
- Education & Training; We take pride in helping people learn and develop by supporting, accelerating and directing your learning. As well as the completion of mandatory health and safety courses, training packages will be offered to meet your specific needs. Supporting your learning at work is high on our agenda as it is important that the skills of our workforce meet current and future demands as well as supporting your continuing professional development
The role will be based at our Capenhurst Site near Chester. We offer free parking and there is a train station a few metres away from site with frequent trains to Chester or the Wirral.