Morson are recruiting for an NDT Inspector to jon our prestigious client, BAE Systems, in Govan, Glasgow.
- Responsible for verification of Non Destructive Examinations and acceptance activities across Programmes ensuring specifications and standards are applied.
- To support the implementation of Zero Defect Culture/Right First Time across the Naval Ships.
- Develop and maintain processes and procedures applicable to Quality Control role.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Desirable Level 2 - Radiograhy, Ultrasonics, DPI, MPI, Visual Inspection, Phased Array, Eddy Current
- Strong technical knowledge within the area of quality control and strategy associated
- Accurate interpretation of standards, specifications and processes as per Programme requirements.
- Understanding of product key characteristics and deliverables and associated reporting and metric requirements
- Understand Quality Function structure and various interaction responsibilities. (QA, BI,SA)
- Experience of working in a heavy Engineering facility
- To conduct all inspection activities in line with Programme's inspection and test plan with applicable standards and specifications. (NDE)
- Ensure all test activities are completed and compliant in line with relevant test forms as owned by the Quality Control Team.
- Compile and issue all relevant reports in a timely manner and maintain accurate records in the sited format.
- Maintain all relevant completions management toolsets (tables, CME etc.)
- Ensure personal core skill sets meet requirements for assurance activities under taken. (see SHE passport and Quality Skills matrix requirements)
- Pro-active knowledge and skill transfer within teams. (Quality Control and wider customer/supplier)
- Implementation of Quality Tools and Techniques across Programme through continuous improvement.
- Support Quality Investigation/internal audit / process confirmation within the Naval Ships Programmes.
- Liaison with third party auditors such as Lloyds Register and customer.
- Support the Zero Defect Culture/Right First time across Naval Ships and into Supply Chain.
- Strong team working and positive professional conduct at all times.