US$50.00 - US$57.00 per hour
8 months ago
Our client is a leading aerospace subcontractor engaged in the manufacture and assemble of precision-machined structural aircraft components and assemblies for tolerance critical applications. Customers include both commercial and defence customers' worldwide.
Our client is a business operating with sales expected to triple within the next five years. They have grown from a turn-over of $0.3bn 10 years ago to circa $3.5bn today. Approximately one-third of the aerospace turnover originates in the USA.
Our client is a global engineering company specializing in aerospace and automotive technologies. Headquartered in the United Kingdom, they are publicly traded on the London Stock Exchange.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Interface regarding technical and production issues.
2. Interface with customer representatives for relevant quality/technical issues
3. Technical responsibility for Level 1 and 2 NDT Technicians.
4. Interpret codes, standards, and other contractual documents that control the methods to meet industry and customer requirements.
5. Prepare and implement NDT techniques.
6. Prepare and approve NDT procedures and other related NDT work instructions.
7. Conduct training and examination of NDT personnel.
8. Perform documented over inspection of Level 1 and 2 NDT personnel.
9. Assures that material and parts are properly processed to the applicable NDT Method Specification.
10. Read and interprets indications and evaluates discontinuities referencing applicable quality documents.
11. Performs or verifies the performance of systems capability checks specified in the applicable NDT Method Specification.
12. Will support management of inspection programs.
13. Will carry out/execute Inspections/Tests.
14. Sets up equipment, as applicable.
15. Capable to provide advice in the field of failure analysis.
16. Must be knowledgeable about the identification and classification of various types of damage and be capable of discerning acceptable conditions.
17. Develops NDT Techniques. May provide approved NDT technique sheets.
18. Organizes, reports, and maintains records of NDT inspection results. Shall assure that all records for systems controls are properly maintained.
19. May drive company vehicle or forklift.
20. Performs Level 1, 2 and 3 responsibilities, as required. Shall perform adequate surveillance to assure compliance of the NDT Quality System to all applicable customer quality documents and/or assure the facility properly performs the NDT process for which the NDT Quality System Certification has been issued.
21. The minimum qualifications and experience as defined in NAS 410 and the special requirements of the customer for an NDT Responsible NDT Level 3.