Up to £44.00 per hour + Ltd
22 days ago
Navigation Engineer / Mission Systems Engineer
Warton, Lancashire - 12 month contract - Pay rate £44 p/h Ltd
We are looking to recruit a Navigation / Mission Systems Engineer to work for our leading aerospace client on a future UAV platform.
As a Systems Engineer, you will be undertaking a defined range of systems engineering activities in the Navigation subject matter team in line with all relevant processes and quality requirements. The team is responsible for the design authority, systems engineering and eventual implementation of the system on UAV platforms.
UAS Core Mission System provides a common, open architecture mission system suitable for a range of future UAS projects. The Core Mission System is divided into multiple sub systems, this role is for a Navigation subject matter Engineer.
The Navigation Sub-System is responsible for capabilities including, time, position and attitude.
This role will be interesting, varied and challenging, enabling you to work on a high profile, complex project.
- Analysis of Mission System Requirements using Model Based Systems Engineering Based techniques (including Use Case Analysis and Class Modelling) using SysML / UML
- Generation of Refined System Requirements at System and Component Levels
- Component Design
- Definition of Component Specifications (High Level Software Requirements and Service Definition)
- Analysis and Refinement of Safety Requirements
- Analysis and Refinement of Security Requirements
- Support the System Management Team leader in Engineering delivery
- Ensure all Engineering activities are undertaken in compliance with Engineering policies
- Requirements Analysis Experience
- System Design Experience
- The individual should have good knowledge in Microsoft Excel and powerpoint and excellent in Microsoft Word. They should also have essential personal skills in Communication, team Working and Motivation.
- Model Based Systems Engineering using SysML and/or UML
- Writing High Level Software Requirements
- Design experience with systems responsible for managing system / software configuration
- Knowledge of the development of operating procedures for air vehicle startup / shutdown.
Please note, due to the sensitive nature of the project involved all candidates will be required to undertake a UK MOD Security Clearance check to SC level.