- This role will centre on the production of a full complied and reconciled Weights database.
- A key element of the role is the assessment of system Third Party Information (TPI) to identify structures, equipment and systems and check against the ShipWeight database.
- The Weights Engineer will be required to translate weights information into a purpose-made tool, which allows and configured against the project Master Equipment List.
- Regular reporting of progress against Weight Management Plan.
Experience of weight engineering processes (weight, centre of gravity, weight distribution, etc)
- Knowledge of ship structures, routed systems and/or outfit and arrangement
- Ability to understand and interpret Classification Society (Lloyd's Register) requirements in the context of cable selection and routing.
- Experience of assessing system and equipment data.
- Experience of interpretation and manipulation of large amounts of data.
- Good attention to detail with the ability to identify inconsistencies across complex datasets and design information.
- Ability to work independently and solve problems via liaison with other functions across the project.
- Strong interpersonal skills, adept at communicating at various levels across technical and commercial settings.
- Ability to clearly articulate progress and report key issues and risks to team management, and proactively work to minimise technical and schedule impacts.
- Good knowledge of Weights, AutoCAD and Rhino highly desirable.
- Basic knowledge of ShipWeight desirable.
To apply for this position, you must be eligible to live and work in the UK and either possess or be able to obtain UK MOD Security Clearance to SC Level.
Location can either be Rosyth or Devonport.