Up to £18.00 per hour
Vital Bristol Technology
9 months ago
Our client is an integrated facilities management services who provide the solutions, support, and facilities management services and they are looking for a Multi Skilled Mechanical Technician (Electrical bias) to be based in Southampton (SO14).
Length of assignment: 16/04/18 - 15/06/18
Hours: 08:00 - 17:00 hrs 1hr unpaid lunch 40 hours per week
- Provide general Electrical / HVCA/ Building services maintenance support on all buildings and plant.
- Implement all Electrical maintenance and corrective works on the site in accordance with Maintenance Instructions and site specific procedures.
- Perform testing and inspecting of Electrical Installations in accordance with industry standards.
- Provide accurate feedback and information including but not limited to completed test sheets, routine rounds inspection sheets and work dockets containing durations of maintenance activities and observations.
- Ensure that all plant and systems are maintained and operated in order to provide maximum efficiency, availability and reliability.
- Carry out remedial and/or refurbishment works arising from breakdown or maintenance inspections.
- Respond to reactive maintenance/breakdown calls for the helpdesk and carrying out remedial work as necessary, providing feedback information to customer and helpdesk as required.
- Assume the role of Competent Person (Electrical) as authorised by the Authorised Person Controller.
- Develop and retaining knowledge of site system failures and their causes and effects.
- Carry out condition based monitoring surveys.
- Carry out minor new works installations and testing.
- Assist in maintaining the cleanliness of plant and adjacent areas.
- Undertake defect surveys on electrical plant and systems and providing reports as requested by engineering management.
- Assist the Shift Supervisor in providing information for technical and incident reports.
- Develop and retain a full knowledge of the operating characteristics of the site generation plant in order to provide monitoring attendance when running for emergency or test purposes.
- Provide holiday and sickness cover for shift colleagues.
- Perform other reasonable duties as agreed with EFS management.
- The ideal candidate will have the 17th edition electrical C&G certificate or be willing to complete the course. Qualified to C&G 2360.
- Have or be working towards obtaining C&G 2391 inspection and test of electrical installations would be an advantage.
- The candidate will be qualified and/or trained in other building service disciplines including HVCA and will be able to demonstrate a proven track record in a building service environment.
- The candidate will be articulate, numerate and IT literate.
- Understanding of legislative compliance and contract law preferred.
- Being commercially aware puts the candidate at an advantage.
- Good all round knowledge of Facility Management and Building Services Engineering.
- The ability to establish, implement and monitor high standards of excellence in areas of quality, safety and operational performance.
- Must be able to demonstrate a full and thorough understanding of operational health & safety.
- Have good decision-making and communications skills.
- Be resilient under pressure and be able to converse confidently with staff, suppliers and customers at all levels.
If you do not hear from us within seven days, then your application has not been successful on this occasion. We may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly.