Vital Bristol Technology
9 months ago
Our client is an integrated facilities management services who provide the solutions, support, and facilities management services. They are currently looking for a Electrical Engineer to start 1st October for 2 months.
We are recruiting for a Mechanical & Electrical Generic Technical Specialist for our site in Abingdon.
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday 8:00 until 17:00
Responsible for providing the Technical support to all building services operations as part of a specialist team.
To include the daily management of operations to ensure consistent delivery of the account by FM and their sub-contractors for all building operations and maintenance
- Responsible for monitoring and carrying out operation and maintenance activities and monitoring maintenance carried out by specialist sub contracts.
- Manage and Monitor the QFM and Building Management Systems.
- Responsible for adding all ad hoc work requests as required to ensure all information collected on one system.
- Provide specialist advice and support for all Technical Services management activities associated with all building services.
- Implement technical initiatives and provide support to overcome issues or non-compliance reports.
- Familiarisation of the building portfolio, supporting plant, systems and core business process equipment to ensure technical competency as part of the technical team.
- Monitor all supplier activities to ensure performance levels of operation and maintenance is maintained.
- Operate as the Approved Persons for all areas of competency with review and approval of the associated Permits to Work.
- Attend the site out of hours in cases of emergency when the sub-contractor or security operations request support.
- Isolates defective equipment from power supply, checks visually for faults, tests mechanical parts for faults, isolates the problem areas and take corrective action to repair the problem.
- Conducts preventative maintenance on machines and equipment by checking for smooth operation of the same and replacing worn and defective parts.
- The installation of electrical systems and associated equipment followed up with the appropriate certification.
- Assistance in the preparation of estimates / quotations as required.
- The responsibility for allocated work orders from receipt to completion.
- Rotationally meet the SLA for technical support to be on site until 1700
- To carry out PPM and reactive tasks.
- Carry our minor electrical and mechanical works.
- Provide assistance to third parties as and when required.
- Act upon reasonable requests from and instructions
- To work reasonable overtime as and when required.
- Assistance on other sites can be expected.
- Technical expertise, qualifications or apprenticeship in a craft skill or engineering discipline would be an important prerequisite of the role.
- Qualified to City & Guilds 2360 Part 1 & 2 or equivalent NVQ & C&G 2382 -10 17th Edition Minimum requirements
- C&G 2391-10 Inspection & Testing, & C&G 2391-20 Design & Verification preferred but not required
- Experience of installation, testing and maintenance of LV distribution systems
- Experience of standby power systems including prime movers and UPS
- Experience of safe working practices and permit to work systems
- Demonstrable skills in dealing and working closely with internal and external customers and suppliers on complex and interrelated issues on an ongoing basis
- Knowledge of key operational procedures e.g. time sheets, planned maintenance systems, Quality and Health & Safety.
- Substantial operational and technical experience with demonstrated potential.
- Experience of positively dealing with the resolution of customer problems within specific contracts.
- Demonstrated 'hands-on' technical expertise in a number of key operational areas.
- Smart, presentable appearance
- Personable and approachable
- Good communication skills
- Literate and numerate
- Flexible and adaptable
- A team player with the ability to work from their own initiative
If you do not hear from us within seven days, then your application has not been successful on this occasion. We may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly.