Manchester, Greater Manchester
£35000.00 - £40500.00 per annum
5 months ago
Our client in the Greater Manchester area are seeking a Multiskilled Engineer to join their business on a permanent basis.
The main purpose of this role will be to ensure the effective running of the production lines, ensuring that production plans and targets are met, whilst utilizing the most efficient and cost-effective methods and product quality standards.
- Oversee and undertake accurate and efficient changeovers
- Ensure the efficient running of the production lines by effective adherence to the PM schedules and prompt and effective rectification of machine faults
- Ensure continuous improvement of machinery performance
- Adopt a flexible approach within a fast moving environment by recommending and supporting improvement initiatives to improve line and individual performance and efficiency's
- Provide support to the Engineering Manager in ensuring targets are met on safety, quality, output, efficiency, energy and waste.
- Provide effective and efficient breakdown cover during plant/machinery stoppages/downtime.
- Follow up requests covering machinery / plant from production, product development and quality control departments.
Essential Skills / Experience:
* Experience within FMCG manufacturing environment as a multi-skilled maintenance engineer
* HNC / ONC qualified and fully apprenticeship time served ideally with 16th or 17th IEE Wiring Qualification.
* Confident user of a PC and PLC Systems
* Experience of operating in a high volume food manufacturing environment as part of a multi-disciplined team in a changing environment where innovation and a continuous improvement culture is key.
Please note the consultant looking after this position is Tahanee Twist