12 months ago
Morson has a requirement for MRP Controllers for a Major Aerospace Company based in Yeovil, Somerset
As MRP Controller you will maintain a world class scheduling system to ensure business objectives are met and range manage and procure contracted parts via Purchase Orders ensuring best price, lead time and quantity.
Your main activities will include, but not be limited to the following:
* Maintain SAP MRP data accurately and promptly
* Maintain SAP Material Master Data
* Ensure all parts and materials required for build, modification, maintenance or any other scheduled task are planned on time
* Maintain contract scheduled requirements in line with corresponding bills of material, and Master Production Plan schedules.
* Adjust and maintain Production and Repair Order schedules to ensure adherence to the requirements of the Master Production Schedule
* Allocate components as necessary to ensure best use of company assets in support of all programme objectives
* Validate and launch production orders for in house manufactured parts
* Maintain budgetary levels of inventory by rescheduling assets and by order cancellation
* Authorise the timely procurement of externally supplied parts via a released purchase requisition.
* Procure parts from interplant and intercompany suppliers.
* Organise and progress parts repairs and modification with consideration for the most effective solution in terms of cost and schedule including local rework.
* Co-ordinate applicable Direct Line Feed requirements.
* Manage R&O spares forecasts using appropriate tool.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
* Educated to HNC level or equivalent in an Engineering discipline or demonstrated equivalent competency obtained through experience
* Some experience within a material supply or manufacturing environment
* Some experience using SAP within a Material Planning role
* Integrity and professional approach, with credibility at all levels (internal and external)
* Background in an Aerospace or high integrity manufacturing environment
* Knowledge of Company Quality systems
* Computer literate - Company IT systems relevant to Department
* High level customer focus and the ability to anticipate customer needs
* Good communicator with influencing skills (internal and external) and ability to work across functional boundaries
* Proven evidence in planning and delivering projects within deadlines
* Proven ability to priorities/manage tasks under pressure to ensure that the required service level is maintained.
Please send Cv or ring Sue Orr on 01935 403205 for more details.