Sheffield, South Yorkshire
3 months ago
Morson has an initial 6 months Contract for a Materials & Process Engineer for a Major Aerospace Company working in Sheffield. This would suit someone who has been a Machinist but has moved into a more Technical Support, Trouble Shooting & advisory Lean role.
The Clients Materials & Manufacturing Technologies team is leading the R&D programme match funded by the UK government to develop the technology required to support the stand-up of the first Clients Fabrication Facility in Europe. The work statement focuses on machining and digital thread/ I4.0 methodologies, and comprises all activities required to deliver the first actuation line components in Clients Facility in Sheffield by Q1 2019.
A gears forming and cutting specialist is required to provide on-site support and drive the technical direction of the on-going R&D project to develop, validate and mature up to MRL5 the manufacturing methods for the B737 and B767 actuator´s components prior to the end of the summer, including:
- Providing technical steering & validation of the approaches, through familiarity with multiple machining processes & practices at the cutting edge of machining technology
- Demonstration of analytical problem-solving capability in an emergent, production environment to define and execute solutions, from conception through to validation
- Working closely within a small multi-disciplined team which includes other Clients engineers, colleagues from the Portland Fabrication site and the AMRC in Sheffield, to deliver technology objectives.
- Evaluation and application of technical specifications and standards
- Evaluation of key performance indicators (production rate, machine utilisation, etc.) and identification of optimisation opportunities
- Awareness of digital thread/ I4.0 methodologies and integration would be useful
Education and experience:
- Apprenticeship or degree (or suitable alternative) with a mechanical or machining engineering background
- 10 years + industrial experience in a production environment
- Diversity within skills background to enable adaptability to an evolving environment.
Please send Cv or ring Sue Orr on 01935 403205 for more details