£10 - £12 per hour
19 days ago
Morson International have opportunities for Fibreglass Moulding and Laminators for our client - a boat building and fibreglass parts manufacturer based in Plymouth, Devon. The company produces a range of three small vessels from 16-24ft as well as other commercial mouldings for varying sectors of industry.
Qualified and experience laminators with high level proficiency are encouraged to apply.
Working within a team environment, you will work on a range of commercial products. Successful applicants will be required to work at our factory unit in Plymouth, Devon. Our normal working days are Monday to Thursday 8am - 5.30pm, with overtime on a Friday which will very likely be offered, but is not guaranteed.
Responsibilities and Duties
* Preparing moulds ready for gel.
* Read and understand lay-up specifications.
* Application of gel.
* Perform a range of laminating processes which mainly consist of wet-lay and infusion. Knowledge of vac-bagging, pre-preg or RTM a benefit.
* Safe use of hand tools.
* Identifying and correcting laminating defects.
* Use of core materials and generic bonding pastes.
* Release of moulds.
* Use and control of patterns and jigs.
* Use of a range of GRP fabrics.
* Basic housekeeping duties.
* Record daily time spent on jobs as required.
* Correct use of PPE and awareness of risks associated with working with GRP materials.
* Be accountable for your own work.
* Work with the team to ensure a safe working environment.
* Attention to detail and high calibre of finish for all work undertaken.
* Follow instructions when required.
Successful applicants will report directly to the Managing Director and will work alongside two other employees on a day to day basis. While a small team, we have high standards and expect new employees to share our passion for perfection.
Qualifications and Skills
* Attention to detail and methodical approach to tasks.
* Good team player and excellent communicator.
* Punctuality and excellent attendance essential.
* Have practical abilities to manage the tasks in hand.
* A thorough understanding of GRP laminating processes, including trimming and grinding.
* Understanding of quality processes.
* 2+ years of experience gained within marine or other quality driven industry.
* Ability to learn new things as required.
Other desirable skills include:
* Be willing to listen, learn and share your knowledge.
* Be able to propose solutions to problems.
* Enthusiasm and pride in one's work.
Pay between £10 - £12 depending on experience.
Applications to andy . allan @ morson . com