Up to £45.43 per hour
4 months ago
This role will see the successful candidate join the Systems Engineering team within the Combat Air business area, supporting several of large, high profile projects.
This role will focus on the development of Airborne RF Electronic Warfare (EW) sub-system products to be integrated within a larger EW system architecture. The role entails applying knowledge of Model-Based System Engineering (MBSE) with a bias towards model-based design, utilising simulated and hardware environments to support the design and development of these systems.
A role within the Combat Air Systems Engineering team will provide exposure to a wide-variety of EW products and subject-matter experts with expertise within domain, product, and technology fields.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
* Engage in the collaborative design of an advanced EW RF sub-system.
* Implement complex Simulink- and MATLAB-based control systems for EW systems onboard the Eurofighter Typhoon aircraft.
* Develop and document detailed specifications, suitable to inform and guide multi-discipline implementation teams.
* Guide and mentor a small team of junior engineers to collaboratively develop and deliver design and modelling artifacts.
* Travel within the UK to meet with our customers and industry partners.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
* A solid foundation in a relevant technical domain exploited in an airborne EW systems context / application.
* Experience of software-based digital system controllers applied across some / all of automotive / avionics / weapon systems domains.
* Knowledge of model driven engineering including model-based design and integration with development environments.
* Experience of mathematical modelling tools such as MATLAB and Simulink, and auto-coding to C++ is essential.
* Excellent written and verbal presentation ability.
* Ability to obtain SC Clearance for UK-caveated programmes.