Up to £39.37 per hour
about 1 month ago
We are recruiting a number of Mobility Engineers who will report to the Mobility Team Leader or Sub-system Manager in the Telford office with occasional travel to other Company sites and suppliers within the UK.
Successful applicants will form part of a multi-disciplinary team providing Through Life Support to Land Systems armoured vehicle platforms via membership of the In-Service Support (ISS) Integrated Delivery Team. The specific role is to devise mobility design solutions to support in-service military vehicles, their derivatives and support equipment for the Mobility Sub-system Group based in Telford. The Group covers specification and installed performance of the following subsystems:
* Powerpacks (Diesel engines and hydro-mechanical transmissions), including engine intake, exhaust and cooling systems
* Suspension systems as applicable to wheeled and tracked platforms
* Ancillary driveline components such as wheels, tyres tracks, final drives etc.
* Noise and Vibration analyses of platforms leading to recommendations in terms of vehicle usage.
Main responsibilities and duties could include but not be limited to:
* Propulsion and driveline system integration at the system and sub-system levels.
* Requirements management and production of technical specifications.
* Management of all technical issues with customers and suppliers.
* Modelling and simulation of propulsion and driveline systems.
* System design and integration into vehicle platforms.
* Acceptance and verification testing of systems.
* Consideration of reliability and maintainability associated with the technical solution, in conjunction with subject matter experts.
* Working with Mechanical Engineers (CAD) to create information for the solution of design problems and definition of manufacturing information.
* Carry out engineering calculations as required to justify a proposed course of action.
* Contribute to the planning process required to schedule their work
* Participation in internal and external meetings or design reviews with the customer and external suppliers.
* Undertaking and or assisting with technical presentations.
* The generation and review of technical reports
* Working with Safety Engineers to ensure that support products Safety risks are As Low As Reasonably Practicable (ALARP).
* Be self-motivated and be able to work with the minimum of supervision in a team environment to achieve completion of task milestones within defined budgets.
* Have a working knowledge of a business system such as SAP and data management system such as TeamCentre.
* Be able to exhibit good Health & Safety awareness
* Awareness of the security implications for technical material
* Knowledge of MS Office including MS Project.
* Be able to demonstrate commercial awareness
Experience / Qualifications
The candidate will have been educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant discipline with at least 3 years postgraduate experience within an engineering environment, or to HNC level with 5 years relevant experience.
Good interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are essential, together with a high level of interest in technical problem solving.
In addition, it is highly desirable that the candidate has experience in one or more of the following areas:
* Finite Element Analysis Tools such as Pro Mechanica or Ansys.
* Dynamic simulation or analysis tools such as ADAMS.
* Experience of either automotive, or suspension or tracked vehicle systems.
* Experience in the design of earth moving or heavy lifting equipment.
* Experience in design of large fabricated structures.
* Knowledge and application of appropriate Defence Standards for military vehicles