5 months ago
Our Client is a national provider of comprehensive maintenance services for commercial and public sector buildings - including financial institutions, retail outlets, property specialists, corporate premises, government departments, education and health services and social housing landlords. they are currently looking for an Mobile Semi-Skilled Engineer/plumber to be based in newmarket.
Brief details of position:
A vacancy has arisen for a practical individual to work as Mobile Semi-Skilled Engineer based at our Newmarket branch. The post-holder will also need to be self-motivating. They will be responsible for carrying out reactive and planned works across the branch's contact portfolio, and will also be required to liaise and coordinate works with our helpdesk. A good general understanding of Building Fabric Services will be essential in carrying out expected duties, being well presented at all times and competent to provide advice when required to do so. Plumbing experience is also required. The role would ideally suit an individual with existing experience within the FM industry looking to be invested in
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
* To carry out Planned Preventative Maintenance & reactive maintenance repairs across various contracts.
* To assess and order parts and equipment necessary for individual tasks.
* To work to recognised industry standards at all times.
* To participate in flexible working hours and out-of-hours emergency cover as required by the contract.
* To undertake training as required to perform the duties of the role, including health and safety courses and further trade development, to maintain current knowledge and professional qualifications (Continued Professional Development).
* Suitable candidate will be invested in to carry out legionella control activities, Emergency lighting testing and any other required training to develop individual.
* To assist other trades as/when required.
* To undertake any other duties as directed by Managers within the remit of the role.
* A suitable Trade Background & Qualifications & Skills
* Experience of carrying out maintenance activities within occupied premises.
* Good Knowledge of Health & Safety Regulations.
* Ability to act on own initiative.
* Full clean driving license.
* Some IT skills would be an advantage.
This is a mobile role and you will be required to travel to various sites within the East Anglian area as and when required. This would suit an individual that can work using their own initiative and have a proactive approach to undertake all tasks required, a conscientious and reliable team player and someone who has excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
The successful applicant will also be required to undertaken and obtain an Enhanced DBS (CRB) check (at Integral's cost) during the first month of commencement of employment. You will also need to participate in an out of hours on call rota.
To cover an 8 hour working day, Mon to Friday, 1 hr unpaid lunchbreak
If you do not hear from us within seven days, then your application has not been successful on this occasion. We may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly.