Vital Bristol Technology
about 1 year ago
Our client are a global energy player and an expert operator in the three businesses of electricity, natural gas and energy services and they are currently looking for a Mobile Electrical Engineer to be based in Reading.
Main Responsibilities/Duties Include:
- To assist in delivering those aspects of the Company Performance Contract as they relate to the site, including satisfying all the requirements of the Company and the contract with the Customer, in line with existing procedures, by:
- Fulfilling site health, safety and environmental, quality and customer service targets
- Ensuring the safe and efficient operation of existing plant and equipment and diagnosing faults as required
- Safely and efficiently maintaining (or supervising the maintenance by third party contractors of) existing plant and equipment
- Safely and efficiently installing (or supervising the installation by third party contractors of) new plant and equipment
- To attend site in response to breakdowns or failures of the equipment outside of normal working hours (call outs)
- To be familiar with and understand the site contingency plans for dealing with emergency situations
- To conform to Engie standards, rules and procedures
- To carry out scheduled maintenance tasks, repairs and operations of equipment and services in accordance with best practice
- To ensure that all third party contractors that are requested to carry out work on site, do so in a safe and professional manner and abide by any company or site specific procedures
- To ensure that the Contracts Manager is kept informed of all aspects of safety performance, plant performance and customers circumstances that may impact upon the safe, efficient, reliable and cost effective operation of the plant and smooth operation of the plant
- To be familiar with all Company and site procedures, which affect him/her, assist the Contract Manager in the completion of all administrative tasks identified by the Engie quality systems or as required by the Customer
- To produce Site Specific Method Statements and Risk Assessments
- To produce Annual Electrical maintenance reports inclusive of any costed remedials.
- To report all incidents and accidents, including near misses to the Contracts Manager
- To deliver all Test and Inspection certification to agreed timescales.
- To produce quotations relating to the remedial works detailed within periodic reports
- To ensure Calibration of Electrical meters are maintained ensuring compliance at all times
- To be aware of the key financial targets for the project/ task and, in conjunction with the Contracts Manager, carry out his responsibilities in the most cost effective manner
- To seek opportunities to enhance the Company's relationship with its existing customers and develop business potential
- To lead initiatives and carry out other duties and projects as delegated or instructed by the Contracts Manager Comply with reasonable requests for information from HSQE manager
- Ensure PPE is up to date and safe
- Ensure you follow risk assessments for all works
- To carry out M&E maintenance tasks on contracts within South Mobile Area.
- To provide cover on M&E Static and Mobile contracts within South Mobile Area.
- There will be a requirement to work out of hours to fulfil commitments of our customers ie Black building testing etc
- To be a member of call out team on call out rota for South Mobile Region
Qualifications or Required Experience:
- Acceptable 17th Edition qualifications 2
- City & Guilds 2382-10 Certificate in requirements for Electrical Installation (BS7671:2008)
- City & Guilds 2382-20 Certificate in requirements for Electrical Installation Update
(BS7671:2008) Or acceptable equivalent 3
- Acceptable 16th Edition qualifications 2
- City & Guilds 2380/2381 (16th Edition Wiring Regulations)
- City & Guilds 2386
- City & Guilds 2360-Part 2 Theory
- City & Guilds 2350 (must have all modules)
- City & Guilds 2400 (must have all modules)
- City & Guilds NVQ Level 3
- City & Guilds 2330 (Parts1, 2 & 3)
The hours of work will be Monday - Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm. You will also be required to be part of an on call rota.
If you have not heard back from us within 7 days then unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion. We may however keep your details on file and contact you in the future regarding other suitable vacancies.