Up to £44.00 per hour
6 days ago
Mission Planning Systems Engineer (x6)
Duration: Initially until 27th November 2020
Rate: £44 per hour LTD
Systems Engineer's required to work within Mission Planning Programmes, to support the development and delivery of Mission Planner capabilities for the fast jet Customers. The successful candidates will be reporting to the Engineering Lead within Mission Planning Programmes and will be responsible for Mission Planning Systems Design Engineering development through to entry into service activities for the programme. This programme will see the delivery of a Mission Planning capability to their customers, allowing in-country production of mission data for the Customers fast jet fleet.
The Mission Planning Senior Systems Engineer will report to the relevant Engineering Lead within Mission Planning Programmes, your responsibilities will include:
- Development of the Mission Planning System Design Document
- Review and agreement of Supplier Product Specifications
- Production and Maintenance of Mission Planning Project Engineering documentation (Engineering Management Plan)
- Engineering support to project Engineering Life-Cycle Management (ELCM) reviews
- Review and agreement of Supplier Qualification and Acceptance evidence
- Supporting the integration of Mission Planning solution with the rigs and aircraft
- Supporting entry into service of the Mission Planning capability
Proven Ability / Key Skills
- Background in avionic equipment development and delivery
- Proven systems engineering and integration ability
- Delivery focussed
- Familiarity with Mission Planning methods would be an advantage
- Understanding of Typhoon support programmes is preferable
- An ability to lead on tasks and sub-projects
- Knowledge in the Middle East projects is preferable
This post will be located in Warton with a requirement for limited travel to European suppliers and Middle East Customers as required.
Due to the sensitive nature of the product all applicants must have worked within the Defence / Military industry within the last 12 months or be capable of obtaining Security Clearance (SC level minimum).