MISSION EFFECTIVENESS & OPERATIONAL ANALYSIS LEAD
Ensuring military capability needs are analysed and refined into a fit for purpose air vehicle concept and requirements and Concept of Employment. The main responsibilities in this role are;
- Developing the TF-X Concept of Operations (CONOPS), Concept of Employment (CONEMP) and Concept of Use (CONUSE) ensuring strong engagement with TurAF Operational staff.
- Performing appropriate engineering planning, management and review of activities to ensure the TF-X Mission effectiveness is considered at all stages of design in line agreed requirements through an OA Plan.
- Deriving TF-X operational and system requirements through analysis of customer doctrine and concepts.
- Assessing TF-X candidate solutions against the defined Operational Missions and in the agreed operational environment.
- Supporting the refinement of the ORDD to ensure the developed solution affordably meets the military capability requirements.
- Assuring the maturity of the developed solutions is appropriate for the specific requirement and that all technical risks and opportunities are captured
- Ensure all engineering activities are undertaken in line with the MAI Operational Framework and that compliance with MAI engineering policies is maintained.
- Leading and managing engineering staff.
- Ability to lead the establishment of a new team on a new programme. This includes ability to stand-up processes, procedures and initiate new working relationships
- Breadth of understanding of the physical, functional and performance attributes which require optimisation and integration to produce a high performance, multi-role combat aircraft capable of meeting the TF-X ORDD requirements.
- Developing innovative concept solution to the military capability need that can be delivered to regulatory and contractual requirements
- Communication & interpersonal skills, including written / preparation of Customer briefing material / Presentations.