Tyne and Wear, England
£18.00 - £18.16 per hour
13 days ago
An opportunity has arisen for a Maintenance Millwright Fitter to join the maintenance team with BAE.
The purpose of this role is to execute work activities associated with manufacturing including planned maintenance, reactive breakdown response/repairs and work requests.
Site maintenance & installation activities within competencies
* Minor/major repairs within competencies
* Breakdown response & diagnostics to resolve manufacturing equipment issues
* Support to contractors during technical works
* Attendance at site operational meetings as required
* Execution of work orders from the site CMMS
* Update of work order details to maintain the asset database for the site on all works performed
* The production of parts lists and material requests associated with repair, maintenance and minor installation activities
Communication with stakeholders
Responsibility for work order completion
Problem solving (cause, remedial action and corrective action)
Quality of verbal and written reports
Ability and willingness to learn and adapt to new ideas
Team working across shifts through handovers and alongside other staff
Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Qualifications
Work at height & MEWP license
Experience in working in blue-chip industries with time pressure & performance metrics
Recognising the restricted nature of the work there is a requirement for the candidate to be eligible to obtain Security Clearance for this role.