Up to €560.00 per annum
about 1 month ago
Morson International working with a global consultancy who are looking for a Middleware Architect/ Project Manager to join their team in Brussels. This is initially a 6 months contract with the chance of extending for a number of times - it will be a long term contract.
Please submit your CV latest by 22 July 2019.
The successful Consultant needs to have a mix of skills, knowledge and professional expertise. The main focus is on Architecture, mainly of middleware SOA, as he will be in charge of a SOA platform of the Client, used mainly for information exchange between Member states. Even though 9 years of experience in Project Management is requested, this is the secondary focus of the position. The 9 years must be proven, and could be proven, by demonstrating involvement in PM duties, while the Consultant was mainly working as an Architect and NOT as a PM. Experience with infrastructure security and networking is a tertiary focus of the position.
- Participate in the definition of sub-projects by specifying scope, objectives, identifying risks and preparing risk mitigation
- Set up and enforce the respect of organisation, procedures and project office tasks, raising warnings in case of non-respect of these
- Enforce the delivery of the project(s) according to the agreed schedule, with the expected quality and with the resources provided
- Structure the information in ways that are appropriate to the target audience
- Report on the project status (tasks progress, plan, actions, risks, issues, decisions, changes, etc.) within the Institution and/or with immediate stakeholders or other partners
- Escalate issues, in particular the ones with potential impacts on time or quality
- Ensure that the systems, components and/or services design are consistent with the Institution's Reference architecture
- Design Institutions SOA platform components and services (or supervise contractors design), encouraging re-use of building blocks and ensuring that the design of the system will fulfil the systems requirements, including non-functional requirements (volume, scalability, confidentiality, integrity, availability)
- Produce, review and evaluate technical documents. It includes reviewing technical offers from Institutions contractors
- Propose, challenge, approve technical solutions (including cost benefit analyses, assessment of implementations duration) and/or supervise Institutions contractors in this field
- Bachelor Degree in IT or related field
- At least 9 years of experience as an IT Project Manager
- At least 4 years of specialised experience, in the areas mentioned below:
- Technical Design of SOA middleware platforms involving technologies such as: web technologies, web services (SOAP/REST), web application servers, SOA, Oracle Service Bus, Database Technologies (Oracle), message queueing services (MQSeries), XML, messaging patterns, storage and backup services, application infrastructure services and related domains
- Producing designs of complex systems, including requirements analysis, identification and cost-benefit analysis of alternative solutions, technology selection and configuration
- Knowledge of Oracle COTS (preferably: Soa Suite, Weblogic, DBs, Access Manager, ORacle RAC, Directory Services)
- Experience on the following (in priority) would be considered as strong asset:
- Experience with Customs and/ or Taxation domains of expertise
- Experience with architecture modelling tools (e.g ARIS)
- IT Security Knowledge and/or relevant certifications (ISO 27000 series, ISC2) and knowledge of Security Software and appliances (pref. F5 or Axway).
- ITIL methodology
- Proven ability to write business cases and/ or vision documents,
- Industry certification of Project Management or architecture (e.g PMBOK, Prince2, Togaf, Archimate, PMP).
- Very good (B2 or higher) English, written and spoken, is required. Knowledge of French would be considered an assset
If you are interested and would like to find out more, apply now and we will be in touch shortly. Alternatively, contact Paul from Morson for more information.