Up to €550.00 per annum
3 months ago
Morson International are working with a global consultancy who are looking for a Middleware Architect/ Project Manager to join their team in Brussels. This is an initial 6 month contract extendable, it will be a long-term contract.
- Performs high level and/or core design, ensures interoperability and identifies potential reuse.
-Supervising the overall consistency of IT architecture within the Institution and guarantees that its design fulfils a set of requirements.
- Support the business, while the latter aspect includes mission, value chain, business strategy, business processes, functions and data.
- Propose systems, components and/or services architecture (e.g. SOA, ESB, MDM, legacy, framework, security), COTS software products, standards and/or evaluate technical offers from external contractors, following the production, review and evaluation of technical documents.
- Investigate and recommend solutions (including cost benefit analyses, assessment of implementations duration), and/or evaluate technical solutions proposed by external contractors
- Understand, apply and suggest improvements of used methodologies, security policies, tools, best practices, etc.
- Support projects by designing services and components (or supervising contractors design), encouraging re-use as well as committing that the design of the system will fulfill the systems requirements, in particular non-functional requirements (volume, scalability, confidentiality, integrity, availability, business continuity and disaster recovery planning)
- Ensure that the systems, components and/or services design is consistent with the Institutions policies.
- Analyze the integration of different information systems and ensure their interoperability
- Bachelor Degree in IT or related field with a minimum of 13 years of overall IT experience.
- Minimum 9 years of experience in a similar role and a minimum of 4 years of experience in Project Management is required.
- Experience in the design of complex systems, including requirements analysis, identification of alternative solutions and their assessment, technology selection and configuration
- Technical design of SOA middleware platforms including, but not limited to, web services, web application servers, Enterprise Service Bus, database technologies, message queueing services, XML, SOAP, REST, messaging patterns, storage and backup services, application infrastructure services and related domains
- Knowledge of Oracle COTS (e.g. OAG/AGG, OHS, OSB, OSR, OAM, OIM, OUD, Weblogic, RAC, Dataguard, SOA Suite).
- Industry certifications in the domain of project management OR architecture (e.g PMBOK, TOGAF, Prince2, Archimate
- IT security knowledge or certifications (ISO 27000 series, ISC2 Certifications) and knowledge and experience with protocols of security of communication and information systems
- Demonstrate ability to write business cases and/or vision documents, design documents and diagrams, (mpp) planning schedules, notes, presentations, minutes etc
- Experience with the following is required: BPM, MQSeries (WebSphere MQ, IBM MQ), Ldap, Unix, Networking. Experience with ITSM will be an asset.
- Experience in Customs and/or Taxation domains is highly desirable
- Very good knowledge of written and spoken English is required. Knowledge of French would be an asset
If you are interested and would like to find out more, apply now and we will be in touch shortly. Alternatively, contact Paul from Morson for more information.