4 months ago
Duration: 12 months
Our clients customer is a world-class defence technology company in the heart of Edinburgh. They create cutting edge Radars for the Eurofighter Typhoon, as well as Maritime and Airborne surveillance systems.
We are recruiting for an Electronics Engineer to support our client's customer's Radar business in their Monolithic Microwave Integrated Circuits (MMIC) development team. The selected engineer would work onsite at their customer's Edinburgh facilities.
The successful candidate will be involved in the full hardware lifecycle for customer's products: From system concept, through detailed design and prototyping, test and verification, system integration and support in production. You will develop a range of multifunctional MMIC designs using the latest technologies available and enhancing your understanding of key design and manufacture processes. You will have opportunity to contribute to the future path of hardware development within the organisation.
- Full hardware lifecycle for customer's products: From system concept, through detailed design and prototyping, test and verification, system integration and support in production
- Create high quality and robust designs, for fully documenting and recording your work products, keeping them under configuration management and providing plans and progress reports
- Develop a range of multifunctional MMIC designs using the latest technologies available and enhancing your understanding of key design and manufacture processes
- Provide technical support to MMIC foundries and interface with engineering functions through manufacture, development and production test verification
- Work closely with Systems, Test and Electronics engineers you will be solving real integration problems on complex systems
Proven Ability / Key Skills
- Extensive proven ability working in a similar electronics role and level
- First or second Degree in Electronic Engineering (BSc, BEng, MEng, MSc, PhD, EngD) or a related science with specialisation in RF/Microwave circuit design and test. This will ideally include S-parameter manipulation; EM simulation; Non-linear circuit simulation and modelling, matching network design and Microwave component selection
- Expert knowledge in one or more of AWR Microwave office, CST Microwave studio, Agilent ADS, or AWR Visual System Simulator would be advantageous
- Knowledge and practical design proven ability of some of the following; MMIC HPA; Vector Control Chip; LNA and wideband switch and phase shifter design techniques; Microwave test including advanced calibration, de-embedding techniques and RFoW; GaAs/GaN MMIC or SiGe RFIC foundry technologies; familiarity
Due to the sensitive nature of the product all applicants must have worked within the Defence / Military industry within the last 12 months or be capable of obtaining Security Clearance (SC level minimum).