4 months ago
Our client is a leader in Missile and Missile Systems. They are seeking a Microwave Design Engineer for a 6 month contract at their site in Stevenage, Hertfordshire.
- Design active mixed signal RF/microwave modules (including transmitters, receivers, synthesisers) for RF seekers.
- Interact with internal customers and suppliers to develop circuits to requirements including cost, volume constraints and environmental specifications.
- Prove designs meet requirements by creating and testing to test specifications.
- Provide technical support to existing designs, support production failures in the factory, solve obsolescence issues.
Candidates will need to demonstrate the following skills:
- Active microwave, RF and analogue circuit design including simulation and layout using ADS (or similar) design tools.
- Awareness of high-speed digital electronics and FPGA circuit design.
- Ability to perform design proving test and trials in laboratory.
- Ability to test and diagnose hardware problems using standard and specialist test equipment such as VNAs.
- Working with electronics design teams to transfer schematics into layouts for mixed signal circuit boards.
- Fully conversant with manufacturing techniques and capabilities including design for manufacture and test.
- Ability to develop IDDs for designs, assess thermal management and component de-rating.
- Understanding of and use of engineering tools, processes and procedures to publish designs, record compliance against requirements, identify and resolve non-conformances.