Up to £28.00 per hour
3 months ago
Our Stevenage Client has a requirement for a Methods & Process Engineer to join their team.
Provision of technical solutions to materials related issues which arise during the design, manufacture and test of flight hardware and the team mission of assuring correct materials qualification for mission specific requirements.
Using Materials Engineering knowledge and experience (properties and applications of a wide range of metallic and non-metallic materials for use in a space environment -radiation, thermal, vacuum) to support both Design and Manufacturing teams, plus identification of new materials and processes for future applications.
Working within a team of specialists or individually, interfacing with people at all levels - Shop Floor & Project Teams through to Management and Customers.
* Providing Materials and Processes (M&P) support to Project & Equipment Procurement
* Support other Materials Engineers, Graduates and Apprentices
* Critique qualification, test plans and data analysis of data and approve test reports
* M&P support to R&D activities
* Propose and implement activities which will contribute to the M&P improvement plan
* Authorise changes to Parts Materials and Processes (PMP) documents
* Take part in Materials and Process Review Boards (MPCB) + Material Review Boards (MRBs)
* Advise on obsolescence and REACH issues
* Take part in reviews at all stages of product design, development and manufacture
* 2+ years of relevant industrial experience
* Customer facing and results orientated work experience
* Practical application of Parts Materials and Processes (PMP) requirements - ECSS.Q.70
* Able to analyse and interpret data, draw conclusions and make recommendations
* Facilitation skills for leading problem solving and risk analysis
* ESA Approved MIP (Mandatory Inspections Points) inspector - European/US equipment
* Excellent communications, leadership and interpersonal skills
Education & Training
* Material Science or related Science Degree
* Occasional ad hoc UK and European travel will be part of the role
The successful candidate will be required to apply for and receive a DBS certificate prior to commencement of the contract.