£41 - £44 per hour + Ltd, negotiable depending on experience
7 months ago
18 months +
Our client urgently requires 3 Metering Engineers, to be based at their office in Aberdeen City Centre. This will be based on 40 hours per week for an initial 18-month contract.
You must have relevant offshore certificates as occasional offshore trips are required.
The main function of these roles is ensuring delivery against the metering strategy on the clients operated assets. Key to the role is to effectively manage site-based metering technicians to ensure that the metering stations are compliant with regulatory and pipeline regulations.
- Demonstrate ownership of metering data within Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Support of 3rd Party metering management software (MMS), ensuring that any issues are resolved
- Ensure Primary / Secondary equipment & Quality Analysers are maintained against procedures, standards and uncertainties
- in accordance with CMMS / 3rd Party MMS schedules and plans. Provide feedback on improvement opportunities
- Daily monitoring of metering system performance and integrity of data
- Take part in IAPS planning process, ensuring metering work is planned and executed in accordance to the fixed plan
- Responsible for shutdown planning and execution against maintenance strategies
- Ensuring that sufficient certified Field & test equipment is available on-site to execute the metering maintenance plans and
- corrective work. Equipment trackers kept up to date
- Coordination of 3rd party personnel and vendors to site, ensuring scope is agreed prior to mobilisation
- Review end of trip handovers and ensure that information given is accurate and action findings from previous handovers are
- addressed in a timely manner
- Demonstrate a full understanding and adhere to client safety systems and procedures
- Lead personnel during measurement audits and identify key areas for improvement and compliance, including elimination of
- audit points
- Deal promptly and effectively with equipment faults & defects within your control, and report those that cannot be resolved.
- Assist with fault finding on problematic equipment, with proposed solutions & improvement opportunities
- Carry out on-site ad-hoc audits / health-checks of metering systems to ensure compliance against standards
- Provide technical guidance to on-site metering technicians and other relevant on-site personnel
- Prepare monthly asset metering updates and present to management
- Assist with hydrocarbon allocation queries
- Liaise with 3rd party suppliers for equipment and services ensuring all requirements are met
- Raise purchase requests for all metering equipment and services while ensuring value for money to the client
- Identify, raise and verify mismeasurements within the agreed timescale
- Identify requirements for dispensation and deviations against pipeline agreements
- Ensure all changes to metering equipment is controlled using the Management Of Change (MOC) process including
- participation in HAZOP studies
- Assist with metering upgrades ensuring the application of robust cost benefit analysis principles
- Participate in the Competence Management System (CMS), fulfil all competence requirements specified by the CMS
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to Quality, Health, Safety & the Environment.
- Apply Company & Client's Company Quality, Health, Safety & the Environment Policy and safety management system
- Use 'Permit to Work' systems effectively and undertake risk assessments prior to commencement of tasks.
- Ensure all equipment is checked; PAT tested, calibrated & maintained in accordance with the manufacturer's guidelines.
- Fully assess and ensure that all required PPE is available prior to carrying out tasks, and that it is used correctly and
- appropriately as specified in the H&S at Work Act 1974.
- Ensure Risk Assessments and their accompanying method statements and safe systems of work are in place for all sites;
- and that direct & subcontracted activities are reviewed prior to task commencement.
- Ensure that the correct materials are sourced and used on site and that all chemical use and handling information are
- available, and task is carried out in accordance with accompanying data sheet.
- Complete company specified training and performance review programs.
- Ensure, so far as reasonably practicable, the Health and Welfare at work of all personnel they are responsible for.
- Promote safety awareness to all members of staff and sub-contractors under their supervision.
- Implement and review written Risk Assessments and Work Instructions for work activities within the area of responsibility.
- Make certain that the health & safety of those who will construct, maintain or repair equipment is considered when planning.
- Liaise with the company QEHS Manager on all aspects of Quality, Environment, Health & Safety.
- HNC in engineering subject (or equivalent)
- Apprenticeship in engineering subject is preferred
- SVQ level 3 in Measurement processes
- Knowledge and experience of measurement and metering systems
- 5+ years of experience within a similar role in the energy sector
- Must demonstrate excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Working knowledge of all relevant IP, API, AGA, BS, ISO standards & codes of practice
- Compliance with OGA Guidelines; relevant Pipeline Commercial Agreements and