US$20.00 - US$30.00 per annum
7 days ago
Under immediate supervision, performs activities and assists in the fabrication and inspection of molds and tools for the aerospace industry. Will use hands on training opportunities within the Forming department to learn all facets of the fabrication process.
This document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position.
* By visual and hands on experience will fit and fabricate metal structures according to a CAD model.
* Will assist with inspecting & validating metal structures with a lasertracker to ensure proper amount of stock for CNC machining.
* Will become familiar with establishing coordinate reference systems of complex metal structures and how to use metrology data for CNC machine setup.
* Will assist in repairing metal structures by grinding, plasma cutting and saw cutting in accordance with quality and safety standards.
* Will assist Press Brake Operator with set ups and operating metal forming machinery/press machine.
* Measure & grind metal framework using a lasertracker to fit into tolerance.
* Operates a forklift and crane in accordance with safety standards.
* Maintains work area, tools, and equipment in a neat, clean, and orderly manner.
* Participate and take responsibility for 6S.
* Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
* Will troubleshoot fabrication issues and Identify repair plans for metal structures that do not meet dimensional requirements.
* May review shop engineering drawings and models to assess and troubleshoot fabrication issues.
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful job performance will be considered.
* 1 year min experience in fabrication, machining, assembly or equivalent manufacturing environment preferred.
* Completion of a technical education program desirable focused on fabrication and/or machining may be comparable to manufacturing work experience.