£30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum + £30-40k
Rail Technical Team
3 months ago
Our client has an exciting opportunities for an experienced Mechanical Building Services Engineers to be based in either their Leeds or Birmingham Offices.
The position is predominantly Leeds or Birmingham based although travel to projects through the UK and to network offices will form a normal part of the role. The successful applicant will demonstrate the ability to take active involvement in the mechanical design consecutively on a range of projects. You will need to have both the ability and appetite to mentor junior members of the engineering teams.
Although the successful candidates expertise will be in mechanical building services engineering design they will also be required to take an interest, understand deliverables and issues regarding the electrical building engineering systems including co-ordination between engineering systems to a point where they are comfortable and competent to report on these elements both internally and to external client and project teams.
The individual shall possess a 'hands-on' approach and capability / experience in thermal analysis and Building Regulations Part L compliance through the use of IES modelling software ideally being LCEA accredited, but not essential. They shall demonstrate a presentable image and ability to attend and where appropriate lead internal meetings interface with sales representatives attend external meetings with clients and project teams and undertake building services condition surveys. You must also demonstrate an aptitude, and preferably an ability, to effectively delegate design responsibility to others and act in a mentoring role to less experienced staff.
This is due to continued expansion of the mechanical and electrical building engineering services team within the Sustainable Building Services discipline and provides the opportunity to add value to a busy team while receiving development support and exposure to a range of design tools captured within the BIM environment.
About the team
- Pre-planning concept to detailed working design of all mechanical and electrical building engineering services for end users, developers and contractors.
- Expertise in delivery of projects in a BIM environment embedding production of both calculations and drawings into a common model.
- Holistic whole life asset cycle consultancy services from pre-acquisition surveys, building design and post-occupancy energy compliance for leading portfolio asset management funds.
We are looking for an ambitious, conscientious person who wants to be part of a vibrant team and is willing to learn. You will be expected to have the following personal attributes and skills:-
- Proven ability to work sociably as a team player in an often busy environment.
- Technical design background in mechanical building services engineering
- Keen to be actively involved in growth and development of the M&E service line throughout the business and have aspirations to progress their career.
- Strong IT skills in the use of BIM focussed design software, thermal analysis software particularly IES, Microsoft Office applications and AutoCAD combined with a practical approach. You will also be able to demonstrate ability to work well in a team environment whilst also having personal initiative.
- Technical independence within the field of mechanical building services engineering design and project management taking guidance from more senior colleagues as required.
- Be presentable and able to convey a professional image at client, project and internal team meetings and whilst surveying buildings.
- Hold a full UK driving license.
- An excellent career with a competitive salary
- Exciting and varied project design experience
- 25 days holiday plus additional holiday purchasing scheme
- 1 paid day of volunteering for a company-nominated charity
- 2.5 paid days for STEM activity
- Cashback medical cover
- Rewards scheme offering discounts on shopping, cinema tickets, theme parks & gyms
- Long service rewards including increased holiday entitlement & pension contributions