£19.00 - £22.80 per hour
22 days ago
Morson International are currently recruiting a mechanical technician (structures) for our client based in Stevenage.
A Mechanical Technician is part of the Assembly Integration and Test Team in Stevenage. Responsibilities will be to assemble Aluminium/Honeycomb Panels, perform precision fitting and bonding activities, assemble those Panels on Jigs for test campaigns
Other responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Mechanically assemble the structural test rigs and MGSE test rigs as per the instructions provided by the engineers
- Electrically assemble the structural test rigs and MGSE test rigs as per the instructions provided by the engineers
- Set up the hydraulic equipment including flushing of Structure and MGSE test rigs and exercising actuators
- Conduct the though calibration of instrumentation for both the Structure and MGSE test rigs
- Participate in load application during tests by use of Hand pumps to operate hydraulic equipment
- Work from work instructions and drawings to produce the required article. To complete and record information within appendices/routing card/work instruction after the completion of every operation. Highlight any anomalies and proactively liaise with the Team Leader/Engineering to update instruction to reflect build sequence and data capture requirements.
- To work in accordance with LDS (local document system) describing methods and procedures. Promote Cleanroom regulations, local area health and safety requirements and 5S policy within local work areas
- To regularly demonstrate skills, a specialism or product knowledge/experience that sets the technician apart from their peers and to train and mentor colleagues in this area to ensure the high quality of finished goods.
- To demonstrate the desire, commitment and team working ethic to complete task in the correct quality and lead time.
- To demonstrate flexibility and mobility to work across different product and or departments as required by the workload.
- To work independently in the area of knowledge/expertise to lead and/or oversee activities in order to utilise experience and knowledge.
- To be a self starter
- To work directly with engineers, designers and customers as needed
- Liaise with team leader and production support to address manufacturing anomalies and be proactive in 5s disciplines and continuous improvement activities.
- Interface with shop floor Engineering and Production control support as required. Provide inputs to improvement initiatives.
- Liaise directly with manufacturing engineering/design within area of expertise/knowledge, request supply of replacement parts & test pieces, adhesive mix room
Minimum of 5 years experience of assembly, manufacturing or production within a clean room environment as part of a team.
Experience of the Aerospace Industry
Applicants from a precision fitting/instrument making/toolmaking background will also be considered
Education & Training
- Minimum of ONC / NVQ 3 level in Manufacturing or Production discipline or recognised technician level apprenticeship
- City & Guilds craft qualifications
Shifts lasting up to four weeks at a time (06.00 to 14.00 M to F + 12.00 to 20.00 M to F)