Up to £48000 per annum + shifts
Rail Technical Team
28 days ago
Morson International are looking to recruit Mechanical Techicians to join a large name in Rolling Stock.
- Carry out preventative maintenance programmes. Programmes include safety checks, inspections according to examination sheets, component changes and overhaul of various rolling stock parts
- Carry out any fault finding and remedial work
- Compile accurate examination sheets, modification records, and other relevant documentation
- The role will deliver and improve upon design concepts, working both hands on and technically to Business Compliance - Training, Competence, Safety, Quality, Environment, and representation / outputs for our customer / client base relating to commissioning and maintenance.
- Ensure that the maintenance performance standards for rolling stock are maintained. Setting and monitoring standards and safe methods of work for maintenance, repairs and inspection of the fleet by either internal staff or external contractors.
- Monitoring recorded faults, investigating as necessary and taking action to reduce or prevent further occurrences.
- Refurbishment and modification of rolling stock including the replacement and upgrading of components and systems.
- Respond to in service breakdowns and also take part in a 'first response situation' should emergencies in service arise.
- Carry out component overhauls as instructed, when trained and deemed competent to do so.
- Participate in integrated teams when performing electro-mechanical equipment changes on Rolling Stock, involving multi-skilling.