Up to £19 per hour
2 months ago
Morson International are currently recruiting a Mechanical Technician to produce consistent high quality MLI products in line with production plans and methodologies. To work as a part of a flexible, motivated team working to tight schedules and meeting deadlines.
MLI is a thermal insulation composed of multiple layers of Mylar and Kapton sheets and is often used on spacecraft. It is one of the main items of the spacecraft thermal design, primarily intended to reduce heat loss by thermal radiation.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Manufacture and installation of thermal protection products, including single layers Insulation, dual layer Insulation and multi-layer Installation for Space application
- Working as a member of an AIT Operations team to consistently produce items which conform to all quality requirements in accordance with the production plan
- Ability to read, follow and complete shop floor documentation such as routings, drawing, work instructions and bills of material
- Occasional off site working in the UK or abroad
- To play an activate part in continuous improvement activities
Familiarity with similar work in production sectors like but not limited to -
An understanding of various soft work techniques such as -
Education & Training
- GCSE's Math's and English or equivalent
- Externally accredited skills.
- Time serve apprenticeship