Anglesey, Isle of Anglesey
£25102 - £29502 per annum
about 1 month ago
General Description of Job:
The post holder will be an experienced and skilled technician undertaking a range of detailed maintenance activities on an aircraft or aircraft component. At this level the post holder requires a good understanding of the construct of the approved Technical Information set and is competent to work unaided to approved data, maintenance instructions and in accordance with the organisation's Maintenance Organisation Exposition (MOE). Demonstrates the ability to analyse and diagnose faults to equipment & assemblies, follow diagnostic procedures and work effectively within a team provide guidance to less experienced team members in a diverse and dynamic operational environment. To carry out as directed trade tasks pertinent with the maintenance, rectification and preparation of Aircraft to meet the allocated daily task at first line. This role will operate on a Late shift pattern, Monday to Friday, which will attract a shift premium in addition to the stated salary.
Individual Technicians will be employed in the Depth maintenance environment. The actions and decisions taken shall be limited to those actions authorised as governed by trade, experience and competence.
- Undertake and complete depth maintenance & diagnostic activities on an aircraft or components which may include, as appropriate, scheduled maintenance, component removals, inspections, repairs, modifications, fault rectifications, replacements and/or functional/system test.
- Reviews operational performance of aircraft components & systems. Analyse and diagnose faults to components & assemblies, apply diagnostic skills & knowledge to effect repairs or modify equipment or suggest improvements to procedures.
- Ensure that maintenance is undertaken to schedule and resolve any issues, escalate as required.
- Demonstrates a flexible and proactive attitude to carrying out responsibilities appropriate to the role and takes direction appropriately.
- Maintain personal task competencies for working on aircraft or components.
- Undertake support tasks within the Aircraft or component maintenance facility which are required to maintain compliance with the MOE and Functionally Mandated procedures (e.g. oversight checks, control of tooling / test equipment etc.)
Receive on The Job training activities and maintain personal Logbook for currency and recency.
Technical Experience and Qualifications
Completion of an Engineering Apprenticeship, ideally in Aeronautical Engineering, or Military equivalent apprenticeship / qualifications.
- Academic qualification for this role is a minimum of City & Guilds 2675 Aeronautical Engineering and Maintenance or NVQ Level 3 Aeronautical related discipline. Consideration will be given to applicants who have completed Trade Principles and Aircraft platform training with continued employment subject to successful completion of the B3(T) Pathway within 2 years
- Aircraft platform training (on a/c requirement)
- Trade Principles training