East Riding of Yorkshire
£31000 - £33500 per annum + plus company benefits
0161 707 1516
17 days ago
Our client in the Hull area has a requirement for a days-based Mechanical Technician to join the business on a permanent basis.
- Carry out fault diagnosis and reporting.
- Enable quick recovery in event of breakdown.
- Participates in the training of other engineers and technicians in the use and maintenance of equipment.
- Recommends and implement changes in methods, equipment, and systems as needed to ensure on-going reliability improvement, minimise down time and meet management of change procedures.
- Ensures manuals and drawings are kept up to date.
- Completes predictive and preventative maintenance schedules.
- Assist, where necessary, project development - documentation, tender information etc
- Record maintenance activities through Maximo
* Understanding of Health and Safety At Work
* HNC, or equivalent
* Time Served apprentice NVQ Level 3
* Mechanical experience with machinery / equipment such as gearboxes, valves, pumps, conveyors, fans, elevators, steam systems, hydraulics/pneumatics, filtration systems, rotary locks, etc.
* Minimum of five years 'hands on' maintenance experience
* Sound / methodical fault finding approach
* Knowledge of Predictive Technologies such as Vibration Monitoring, Oil Analysis, Thermal Imaging, Ultrasound etc
* Knowledge of mechanical drawings and P&ID's
* Reliability Centered maintenance
* Equipment criticality assessment
* Fabrication and Welding experience/qualifications
* Able to work in a team or independently
* Good communication, and good organisational skills
* Computer literate
Please note the consultant looking after this position is Tahanee Twist