£31200 - £38000 per annum
Vital Bristol Technology
about 1 year ago
Our client is an integrated facilities management services who provide the solutions, support, and facilities management services and they are currently looking for a Mechanical Technician to be based in Whitehall, London.
To undertake mechanical/ HVCA/ Building services installation, modifications and refurbishment work and support the maintenance team conducting planned and unplanned mechanical engineering activities relating to the running of an efficient contract and supporting the client facilities.
Duties and responsibilities
- Support the Line Manager in the day to day implementation of policies, procedures and standards necessary to maintain the integrity of ongoing operational activities and provide high quality services to customers.
- Ensure that you proactively maintain your competency through technical training and development attending any courses required as appropriate to fulfil completion of work tasks.
- Undertake project work to install, modify, refurbish and commission mechanical/ HVCA/ Building services to the specified quality, time and within budget ensuring compliance with industry and site specific standards and regulations.
- Assist the maintenance team to ensure all systems and assets operate as required by the contract, ensuring Planned Preventative and Reactive Maintenance is completed to schedule ensuring that appropriate documentation is completed and submitted in a timely fashion.
- Assist the maintenance team by performing rectification of defects, ensuring all safety and performance standards are met in accordance with the contract.
- Supervise specialist contractors and ensure all certifications / documentation is completed in accordance with the clients requirements
- Implement all mechanical maintenance and corrective works on the site in accordance with Maintenance Instructions, site specific procedures, ensuring all safety and performance standards are met in accordance with the contract.
- Perform testing and inspecting of mechanical systems in accordance with industry and site standards.
- Carry out remedial and/or refurbishment works arising from breakdown or maintenance inspections.
- Respond to reactive maintenance/breakdown calls for the helpdesk and carrying out remedial work as necessary, providing feedback information to customer and helpdesk as required.
- Undertake defect surveys on mechanical plant and systems and providing reports as requested by engineering management.
- This position requires C&G, ONC/OND, NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in relevant job specific discipline.
- Proven experience within a building services environment. It is highly desirable
- that the candidate is current and competent in maintaining all mechanical systems associated with a data centre and controlled environment systems.
- Knowledge of PSSR 2000/Confined Space, Legionella, and Permit to Work systems.
- Understanding of legislative compliance and contract law preferred.
- Understand the cost of poor performance.The ability to establish, implement and monitor high standards of excellence in areas of quality, safety and operational performance.
- The individual must be willing to attain an Appointed Person position (Mechanical Systems and/or Confined Spaces).
- Willingness to train, update and improve themselves for the benefit of the contract.
- Ability to lead and act with authority when required.
- Deductive Reasoning-the ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- The ability to make decisions and solve problems-analysing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- The ability to communicate with supervisors and peers, providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail or in person.
- The ability to organise, plan and prioritise work.
- Ideally be security cleared to DV or meet all minimum criteria to apply for and pass security clearance procedures.
- Must be a British National and have lived consecutively in UK for at least 10 years.
- Be prepared to be on-call to provide response as part of the business resilience response team.
- 25 days annual leave
- auto enrol pension
- company sick pay
- on call 1 in 3
If you do not hear from us within seven days, then your application has not been successful on this occasion. We may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly.