Up to £17.00 per hour
6 months ago
A Mechanical Technician is required as part of a team in the Mechanical Workshops at RAF Lossiemouth.
Responsibilities will be to carry out scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on external fuel tanks, structural panels both metallic and composite and windscreen assemblies for Typhoon Aircraft along with fault diagnosis and testing of external fuel tank system components.
Other responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Work from data modules and drawings to carry out activities highlighting any faults found to the team leader.
- To work in accordance with MAOS Pt145 regulations at all times using supplied approved data.
- Promote and comply with health and safety requirements within work areas
- Consistently work as team player and comply with local ethics/inclusion policies.
- Ability to share knowledge and train other technicians
- Be a motivated and pro-active individual.
The successful candidate will be required to perform tasks suitable to the internal level of this role. The role will contain, but will not be limited to, the following;
Role is to carry out maintenance on Windscreens, Composite materials, external Fuel tanks and structural components within TyTAN workshops at RAF Lossiemouth and is required due to Gfx buyout.
The role will support other Technicians and Supervisors working within a close-knit team environment in a multi skilled/disciplined environment diagnosing faults and carrying out required repairs and scheduled maintenance activities.
To maintain Typhoon mechanical and composite components iaw Pt145 regulations. Carry out fault diagnosis on Fuel system components - SFT's. Use IT systems for fault recording. Work as a team player. Have a positive approach to SHE and related responsibilities. Drive continuous improvements.