about 1 year ago
Mechanical Supervisor, Contract, Bristol
We are recruiting for a Supervisor to operate at our Clients site in Bristol supporting the Project Manager in overseeing and managing the Installation of the Mechanical Services and control of Subcontractors. This post requires both engineering duties & office responsibilities.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Health & Safety and Environmental compliance
- Be conversant with current Health & Safety legislation with relevance to safe working practices and carry out tool box talks
- Maintain accurate records of works done and expenditure using this information to report to the Contract Managers as required.
- Liaise and co-ordinate site activities associated with services for which you are responsible, i.e. Labour planning and ordering of materials.
- Assist in the preparation of emergency contingency plans
- Co-ordinate all site activities, both maintenance and projects and ensure all safety aspects are managed and monitored in accordance with site / contract procedures and requirements.
- Undertake all tasks associated with labour planning and providing holiday and sickness cover.
- Be responsible for the day to day running of the work requirements and organising the various subcontractors in order to meet completion deadlines.
- Take ownership of the client's needs and pursue good communications with the customer in order to build and maintain a stable relationship
- Be proactive with regard to Client changes and extra works
- Operate Integral QA procedures and maintain clear and legible records as required
- Co-operate with Integral office support staff providing information as required.
- Carry out Site supervisory visits and audits to ensure quality and completion of work is at the required standard
- Co-ordinate and manage all preferred subcontractors activity relating to works undertaken
- Provide cover for Project manager/engineer when required, i.e. holidays, sickness
- Carry out timesheet approval for operatives when required.
- Ensure compliance with safe systems of work, risk assessments, method statements etc. and all relevant documentation is adhered to in accordance with company health and safety policy.
- Undertake site surveys
- Maintain staff moral and motivation of all direct reports
- Produce and submit weekly labour work allocation planner and review progress of completed works.
- A minimum of City & Guilds qualifications within Building Services or equivalent
- CSCS Card
- First Aid
- A good knowledge of all building services
- Sound level of administration and organisational skills
- Practical experience within the building industry
- Health and Safety experience
- Experience within similar supervisory role
- Sound knowledge of computers software, Microsoft Office
- Time served apprenticeship