Up to £0.00 per annum
about 1 month ago
Morson International are working with a key client in the nuclear sector who has an urgent requirement for a Mechanical Supervisor to be based at their site operations in Newbury. This is a longer term contract position and a competitive hourly rate is on offer to a suitably experienced and qualified candidate.
- Reports to the General Foreman or his deputy for all matters relating to quality and safety.
- Undertake all work as instructed by the General Foreman or his deputy to the requirements of the task documentation (i.e. Method Statement; Construction Plan; Risk Assessments etc.), with due care to minimise the potential for inadvertent disturbance to site plant or equipment.
- Comply in addition to the above-mentioned documents, with all other relevant safety instructions as identified through the General Foreman or his deputy and set to work the supervisors within their charge.
- Provide a daily report on work performed and any areas where opportunities may be realised or where work is not being delivered to plan with an option to recover any slippages.
- Attendance at daily and weekly team planning meetings.
- Perform work whilst avoiding danger to themselves and to others that might be affected by their acts or omissions
- Report all anomalies, safety hazards, plant damage and specific problems through the General Foreman or his deputy before proceeding further.
- Refrain from defeating or interfere with, anything provided in the interests of Health and Safety (PPE, fire extinguishers etc.) or environmental protection.
- Use plant and equipment correctly, and in accordance with training and instruction provided.
- 'Build only to the Print' in compliance with the requirements of the design intent.
- Adopt at all times the S*T*A*R*T principle. Stop, Think, Act, Review and Tell whilst engaged on all types of works on site.
- Support and attend weekly Toolbox Talks on matters of Safety and Company policy.
- Participate in the production and review of Point of Work Risk Assessments.
- Participate in the Pre & Post Job De-Briefs.
- Site Installation/Maintenance supervisory experience in the Nuclear Industry/Power Generation.
- Aware of Nuclear Class 1 Installation Requirements and Standards.
- Have experience working on a building/Construction environment in the role as a supervisor/foreman.
- Hold relevant CSCS card for their trades/skills.
- Be prepared to have Compulsory and Random Drugs & Alcohol Testing.
- Hold valid licences, tickets, authorisations for the roles they have been appointed to.
- Have carried out Manual Handling training.
- Are fully conversant with the Health and Safety at work act 1974.
- Are fit and healthy to undertake Physical/Manual labour.
- Provide evidence of all qualifications (which must be in date).
- Have knowledge of CDM regulations
Desirable (any combination of the list below):
- IOSH Managing safely
- Lifting Equipment Operator tbc
- Forklift truck operator licence.
- PASMA qualification.
- Pipe fitting.
- Cable running.
- Driving Licence.
- Electric Pallet truck operator.
- Pneumatic tug operator. (Master mover) (Training may be provided)
- Knowledge, experience on Hydraulic systems installation.
- Able to read installation drawings and follow instructions.
- Hand tool and power tool competent.
- Ladder/Stepladder inspection.
- PAT Tester.
- Abrasive Wheels.
- Fire Safety, Fire Watch, Hot works.
- Loler AP Lifting equipment inspector.
- Stores/Supplies control.
- Recognised Training Scheme or Apprenticeship (CITB/Company Training Scheme).