Up to £0.00 per annum
about 1 month ago
Description of position
*Desired Qualifications and skills/Experience required
Minimum mechanical / industrial PDA-professional development awards- (level 6 of Scottish credit and qualification framework), preferable mechanical HNC (level 7 of Scottish credit and qualification framework), with at least 5 years' experience within a top tier COMAH site, as Supervisory experience under permit to work procedure.
The ideal candidate will be familiar and experienced in the following:
A good understanding of PUWER and COSHH regulations, ideally with a Health and safety qualification, NEBOSH/IOSH or equivalent.
Operating a permit to work system, including isolation and lock off procedures, LOLER regulations, confined space, working at height.
Have an understanding of PSSR regulations and Hydraulic pressure testing procedures.
Have an understanding of ASBESTOS management
* To provide a maintenance function to the process department, to carry out repairs to all mechanical plant and equipment in order to minimise down time and loss of production.
* To assist the Inspections department with preparation of all plant equipment's for statutory inspections, ensuring vessels are isolated, opened up, cleaned and all mechanical disconnections/isolations are put in place.
* Cover the role of originator for permit works for mechanical/lifting activities/jetting/scaffolding/civil activities
* Follow, as originator, the execution of planned / unplanned jobs assigned to contractors
* Originates permits, including: correct isolation /lock off of electrical equipment, excavation permit work, confined space permit work, working at height, hot work permit . This includes ensuring that suitable RAMS are available- in discussion with performing authorities, in accordance with Management of Health & Safety at work act, and "plant Engineering Procedures"
* monitor progress of work, assisting and implementing corrective actions as required and closure of work activities, including removal of trade lock off padlocks and correct handover procedures.
* Management of confined space, ensuring all vessel release procedures and precautions are in place prior to signing on work permits, to ensure personnel safety at all times.
* Be competent, to review lifting plan and be able to be a supervisor for lifting operations
* Be competent in scaffolding management: inspections and quantity surveyor
* Be competent in painting/insulation/fire proofing management
* Be competent in jetting activities (HPU jet), for industrial cleaning
* Be competent in civil activities (foundations, road panels, ecc)
* Use of electronic maintenance system, SAP to generate / manage notifications/work orders
* Assists in creating weekly plan to coordinate resources required, for routine work as line above and any other tasks requested
Carrying out all maintenance work to the desired standards and allocated time scales. Resource unplanned work requests, e.g from production or breakdowns
* Grant the Entry Service certifications assessing the consistency between the required and the delivered services and the required supporting technical documents
*Candidate's qualifications, compared to professional experience and skills required by the position
Possess of good people skills, with experience of managing contractors and guiding as well as getting on with
Use assertiveness if necessary to support the colleagues.
Have worked on major outages, plant shutdowns (TAR's), and be good at managing stressful situations.
Computer literate with Word, Excel, Microsoft project, SAP (Experience of CMMS).
Additional details A proactive attitude and approach
An aptitude to work under pressure, come up with logical solutions and leadership qualities to encourage others to assist at short notice