Up to £0.00 per annum
about 1 month ago
Mechanical Supervisor, Contract , Burghfield
To ensure that work is undertaken within in accordance with the safe system of work, ensuring work is effectively controlled and co-ordinated to minimise delays and costs in meeting construction programme dates.
The Supervisor will:
- Ensure that all procedures and instructions, relevant to the activities being undertaken as detailed by the Company are known and complied with.
- Routinely check the workplace and activities being undertaken to ensure that these continue to be satisfactory in terms of Health and Safety and maintain a record of the checks. Particular emphases should be placed on establishing that plant, tools and equipment are available and safe to use. Safe access/egress to/from work coupled with the highest standards of housekeeping is equally important.
- Ensure that all employees under his/her control are instructed, trained and capable of undertaking their duties in a safe manner. Particular attention must be paid to non-routine operations. New or transferred employees must not undertake tasks without appropriate induction, instruction or relevant training.
- Be fully conversant with the Cavendish Nuclear Event Reporting procedures, undertake preliminary investigations of unplanned events and take prompt remedial action.
- Ensure that all unplanned events are reported to line management as soon as practicable.
- Ensure that protective clothing and equipment is issued to employees as required and that all employees under his/her control are instructed as to the use and maintenance of such clothing and equipment.
- Co-operate with Company Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) - Operations in the implementation of their recommendations.
- Ensure visitors, including contractors, are aware of hazards that may exist on the site or premises. Where visitors have been provided with protective clothing and equipment, Supervisors will ensure that its use is understood and worn correctly.
- Ensure that suitable Risk Assessments (including Point of Work Risk Assessments) have been undertaken, prior to commencement of work, in accordance with the requirements of the appropriate, specific Health, Safety and Environmental and Welfare Plan (HSEW Plan).
- Ensure that all associated Safety Assessments (including Risk, PPE, MH) are fully understood and complied with by the work force and are current and relevant for the job to be done
- Liaise with Staff Representatives to resolve problems and/or disputes.
- Communicate at all levels with labour under their control on any aspect of the Company's business, which may be appropriate.
- Promote communications between those under their control and other groups in the location in order to ensure the team is working in the most efficient and effective manner possible.
- Liaise and communicate with the client and/or contractor on any aspects that are appropriate.
- Supervise employees under their control and ensure that all auditable daily records are kept.
- Comply with rules/regulations permit systems and safety requirements in force in the specific location and to promote these disciplines in all of those under the Supervisors/Foremans control.
Qualifications & Experience
- OND in an appropriate Engineering discipline preferred or approved apprenticeship (or equivalent City & Guilds).
- 10 years engineering experience, preferably 5 of which as General Foreman/Supervisor, and 3 of these on site, -covering a range of engineering topics
- IOSH Managing Safely
- Due to the nature of the position candidates must have SC in place
- Should hold a CSCS card or equivalent.