Anglesey, Isle of Anglesey
Up to £21.89 per hour
12 months ago
6 Months +
Morson International are currently recruiting Mechanical Supervisors for our client based at RAF Valley.
Successful applicants will help to assist in the production of Hawk aircraft to meet the daily flying task. Employees may be asked to work over-time to ensure there are sufficient aircraft to meet the task. The Hawk contract requires employees to support planned detachments and down-bird recovery activities as and when requested.
To carry out as directed trade tasks pertinent with the maintenance, rectification and preparation of Aircraft to meet the allocated daily task. Tasks are to be supervised and carried out in a safe and efficient manner to ensure task progression meets the allocated flying programme without compromising flight safety or the airworthiness of the aircraft. Any problems or foreseen delays are to be passed directly to trade supervisor.
Leading Fitters will oversee all authorised tasks providing oversight and assurance of the quality of the service. They will be technically trained in one of the 3 trades and, will be able to support the rectification task during light flying periods and assist aircrew with crew-in snags.
The main tasks could include but not limited to:
- Carry out first signature responsibilities
- Sign 1st signature for tasked work within trade boundary
- Sign 2nd signature for supervision of work within trade boundary, regardless of 1st signatory's rank
- Carry out all authority level F tasks that do not require additional authorization criteria - subject to any limitations imposed by the authorizing authority
- Ensure that the work areas are kept clean and FOD free.
- Maintaining a PEVL to establish continuity of experience.
- Ensure Company health, safety and environmental procedures are implemented and complied with at all times.
- Maintaining an effective changeover by debriefs or written log to provide a smooth transition and continuation of trade tasks between each shift where and when applicable
- Champion a culture of Near Miss and Error Reporting and take the lead for subsequent investigations
- All staff are to ensure that they maintain the standard of security policies and procedures as stipulated within Station and Hawk Security Standing Orders.
- All staff are responsible for ensuring that all Information Technology and Information Management processes, policies, procedures and controls are adhered to for all IT systems within their use.
This role is working on late shift - Monday to Friday, 4:30pm - 11:59pm