Up to £69000 per annum
Vital Bristol Technology
about 1 year ago
Our client are a leading international industrial services company with a coordinated range of customized solutions centred around access solutions, insulation and corrosion protection and they are currently looking for a Mechanical Site Manager to be based in Southampton.
The Site Manager has overall operational responsibility to lead & manage all on & offsite FMSIP activity engaged within the contract. Additionally, the Site Manager will provide support as required to ensure construction activities are planned, scheduled and executed to meet the goals and objectives of the business
- Scope, Time and Cost are fully understood, communicated, monitored and controlled & when required proactive mitigation is evident.
- Improvement tools and techniques are deployed to improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Suitable and sufficient risk assessments / permitry are followed and signed onto.
- Management of change, including the recording and reporting of delays
- Accurate recording of all required information (including contemporaneous notes) in support of claims or incidents in relation to the execution of the contract
- Manage & Lead the supply chain to deliver fit for purpose work scope activity to an agreed strategy and plan, to meet or better the baseline cost and schedule requirements, without compromising safety or quality.
- Provide on & offsite FMSIP construction expertise and input into Fawley scheduling & process activities, constructability programme, HAZCON, contract and risk management exercises and ensuring the outputs are embedded in the construction work scope and strategies.
- Ensuring a proactive & proportionate approach to SHEQ activity, underpinned by the site based LPS safety system
- Ensure SHEQ activity are optimised in accordance with approved "for construction" documentation
- Ensuring a proactive & proportionate approach to radiological (NDE), conventional and environmental safety to ensure that they are optimised on the Fawley site in accordance with approved construction documents.
- Preparation, review & approval of key control documents for construction activities and management of contractors as prescribed within the contract and EOM work schedules, in a timely manner for use during project phases.
- Manage day to day workforce activities. (recruitment of workforce via operations manager/regional HR manager)
- Lead the project management, engineering, procurement, installation and commissioning activity.
- Provide information for the commercial process, prepare local instructions to contractors and ensure that work is effectively managed to control costs.
- Managing the schedule and cost for the site to the agreed baseline and improving Gross Margin requirements.
- Reviewing work scope(s) progress and performance for effective cost and schedule. Taking appropriate corrective action where necessary.
- The continuous capture and application of learning from experience and shared best practice.
- To work with the EOM & HUK management team to ensure that on site operations & sub-contractors are aware of and adhering to their contracted project, contract and commercial statutory responsibilities.
- Develop, lead and execute construction strategies and plans, in line with the overall contract policy.
- Support & lead the site based supervisory management team in discharging the Supervisor duties required under contract(s).
- Responsible for managing tenders and resources in accordance with ISTe requirements and ensuring the positive and proactive management of expenditure for on & off site resource deployment
- Management of the vehicle fleet, including plant, equipment and materials in accordance with company procedure & site requirement
- Attend and actively engage in all client led meetings to ensure that the business is promoted at every opportunity, whilst ensuring that HUK operational and support teams are briefed effectively and encouraged to positively meet business objectives.
Experience / Skills
Relevant Mechanical Engineer Qualification
* Operating background in the Refining Industry (Fawley regarded as preferable)
* Managing tenders and resource
* Site Pass / Green Card Holder Essential
* NEBOSH / IOSHH qualifications desired
* LPS training mandatory (provided)
* Interpret, plan, communicate mechanical and structural drawing requirements.
* Relevant experience in systems delivery and improvement
Mechanical background and worked up through the ranks (Manager level), have Mechanical Management experience working on Refineries, ideally one or more of the below;
* Lindsey Oil
* Humber P66
If you have not heard back from us within 7 days then unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion. We may however keep your details on file and contact you in the future regarding other suitable vacancies.