Up to £20.00 per hour
Vital Bristol Technology
about 1 month ago
Our Client is a national provider of comprehensive maintenance services for commercial and public sector buildings - including financial institutions, retail outlets, property specialists, corporate premises, government departments, education and health services and social housing landlords.
They are currently looking for a Site Mechanical Engineer to be based on 2 static sites.
This role is to operate within the maintenance department working across 2 buildings as a building Maintenance Engineer carrying out planned/reactive works.
Main Duties include:
To be responsible for the repair and maintenance of internal/external building assets, to SFG20 specification, to include but not be limited to:-
- General maintenance
- Water treatment
- Plant maintenance
- Building services operation
- General repairs
- Fault finding
- Sub-contractor Liaison
- Completion of a weekly timesheet and submit in accordance to the departments procedures
- Provide out of hours call out facility on a rota system
- Provide detailed and accurate reports for any remedial works required whilst attending site
- Comply with company QA and Departmental procedures
- Assist in the preparation of emergency and contingency plans
- Ensure accurate records appertaining to all planned preventative maintenance and the emergency repairs completed
- Oversee all site activities, both maintenance and project specific and ensure all safety aspects are managed and monitored in accordance with site procedures and requirements
- Complete field operative Method Statements and risk assessments as necessary
- Perform all duties in-line with current health and safety legislation and company policy with relevance to safe working practices and the storage of chemical
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Experience in a similar role
- Good communication & interpersonal skills
- Commitment to providing a high quality service to our customer
- Willing to work flexibly and as a team member
- Ability to work overtime as required
- Ability to be detail conscious
Additional preferred skills:
- Be able to use email and PDA/Tablet to receive and return jobs.
- Experience in high end residential and commercial environments
- Customer facing with good communication skills
- L8 is desirable
You will be required to enter Residential & commercial buildings, so must be well presented & polite.
Please note this is an ongoing contract position
If you do not hear from us within seven days, then your application has not been successful on this occasion. We may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly.